Saturday, August 1, 2015

Saturday Editorial and Recap

Well I'll be...it is August.

I have always had a love/hate relationship with this month.  As a kid I hated it.  It meant summer's ending and school is starting.  That turned my stomach.

When I got older it meant:  summer's ending and school is starting.  Though, I loved college I still felt those pangs in my heart and stomach of sadness when facing the fact summer would be drifting away.

Now I'm the oldest I have ever been (get it?) and once again I'm feeling sadness.

I realize that summer will stick around until at least the third week of September.  It is just that summer isn't the same when you're back to the routines of school.  I can appreciate a child-free pool visit but I can tell you it is kind of empty.  Where's the giggling and constant splashing?  Sitting in the classroom;  learning or something like that.

There's something mildly nauseating about homework when the sun is still shining and it is 97 degrees out.  I vote for ice cream and running around the yard over fractions and diagramming.



Don't get me wrong, I love school.  I thoroughly enjoy the fact it brings schedule back to our lives and routines are pretty sweet to me too.  I just have big issues with looking at the hand we are dealt in August....back to school, so long summer.

Now, check this out.  Summer officially has three more weeks with us until school buses roll again. That means this blog isn't going to be back to school focused until the first two are up.  We have a summer to continue to celebrate. We're not looking at book bags.  Oh, no we're looking at our beach bag.  We aren't picking out school supplies.  We're making the birthday lists.  We're enjoying another week of VBS.  We're still sleeping late.

So this is the safe zone (at least for two weeks) from back to school chaotic activity.  Sure, I'll have my back to school posts going strong when I'm ready but right now is not the time.

Now is the time to enjoy summer.

Swim, laugh, giggle, stay up late, sleep in, play outside, eat too much ice cream, grill out with friends.....and just relax.



*****

Now here this....

Image result for this week's recap

I posted my August goals on Friday.  I think I need to add "make pickles" to them.  I was given a TON of okra and I love my okra pickled.

If you're headed to the pool then you need to take plenty of great snacks.  Tuesday, I shared my {favorite "healthy" pool snacks} with you!.

Are you grocery shopping this weekend?  Then check out the {Tasty Tuesday} post of two great recipes that are tried and true in our house.  One is a crock pot, throw it in and forget about it meal!  I also threw in my own zucchini bread recipe.

{Thursday was a random day} (that's how we like our Thursdays) from dealing with jerks to feeling like you need to be committed...yep that was Thursday!

And finally Friday was a recap of my {5 favorite things from the past 7 days} :)  I bought some awesome new shoes too <wink> :)

{Every week I post things that are popping around North Carolina for the weekend ahead.}  Sometimes I get it out on Wednesdays and sometimes it isn't published until Thursdays.  I hope you'll take time to check out all the fun and sometimes strange things we are doing across this fabulous state.

As usual, {Monday, May I} was the goals I had for this week...I have forgot my goals but that's cool it makes checking in on Sunday night even more fun.

So there's a recap of the blog this week!

*****

End notes....

I visited some awesome blogs this week and hope to throw in some love to them next week as I link you over to great posts on those sites.  Until then....








1 comment:

  1. Amen to this entire post! School for us officially begins on September 1st but we have a welcome BBQ on August 26th, so on that day...summer is officially OVER!! I am with you relishing summer right now!! Have a lovely Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!