Wednesday, August 19, 2015

This weekend in North Carolina

After a great vacation I'm back with one of my most popular posts of every week!  Let's see what is going in in the old Tar Heel state.  (Disclaimer:  Not a Tarheel but a WOLFPACK girl myself.)



Mount Airy - A few weeks ago I posted about the Andy Griffith show - a NC legacy.  Well if you are a die hard fan you can go see Thelma Lou this weekend and get her autograph.  Yes, she's still alive and kicking.  For more information in the Andy Griffith Museum click here!



Shelby - The Don Gibson Theater is celebrating Elvis this weekend with Elvis Tribute performer, Travis Powell.  If you are an all out Elvis fan or a closet King of Rock n Roll lover you won't want to miss this.

Image result for atv racing

Goldsboro - The 2015 AMA ATV & UTV Dirt Track Nationals competition is on this weekend!  Are you a four wheelin', dirt biking junkie?  If so you need to go east my friend.  All the dirt and gnarly tricks you have dreamt of will be coming to life.



Winston-Salem - I love tennis but I am pretty horrible at it.  Go see the pros this weekend hammer it down at the Winston-Salem Open.  This is a massive event and one of NC's best - the open begins on Saturday and runs for a week.



Vale - It is impossible for me to leave out anything about wine in these posts.  Are you ready to stomp some grapes?  If so then you should go to the 9th Annual Grape Stomp at Woodmill Winery.  This is a family friendly event with vendors, food, and things for kids to do.  There is also a complimentary tasting!  Go Saturday or Sunday :)

Lazy Daze banner

Cary - I found out about this event while on vacation.  Cary, a 'burb or Raleigh (Brownie's favorite town) hosts a HUGE art event known as the Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival.  You won't find the typical arts and crafts booths you're accustomed to but more fine arts and things you actually want to purchase.  This is the event's 39th year and it is a total family friendly event with tons of great art, food, and music.

Home

Asheville - If you decide to go to this please pick me up on your way.  The 2015 Asheville Wine & Food Tasting is this weekend.  Do I really need to give a blurb on this event?  No!  Why?  Because Asheville is awesome and the culinary arts are off the chart there.  You'll be introduced to new and upcoming chefs and a few old wonderful pioneers of the industry.  Plus you'll be in Asheville - really, you should go!!!



Mocksville - Another wine event!!!  Visit Chestnut Trail Vineyard for some great wine and music "from the porch" this weekend.  This vineyard has organically created muscadine wine, amazing horses, and this weekend some music to jam out to.

Alright, make your plans folks!  Celebrate the few remaining weekends of summer in North Carolina style.  I'll see ya later!








3 comments:

  1. Military Husband was stationed in NC back in the day. He loved it there. Matter of fact, I believe his Uncle still lives there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love me some Mayberry! 2 of my best friends live there. Can't to go in a few weeks! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go wine stomping! that looks like so much fun. I had no idea there was an Andy Griffith museum!

    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!