Friday, July 31, 2015

5/7 (The Last for July '15)

Five things from the past seven days for the end of July!
Memorized this whole chapter in 1st grade and it still continues to be my favorite chapter in the Bible.
So much in this one piece.

It was great to be back to church last Sunday.  Our minister was on vacation but we have this amazing speaker in house who I just adore to hear give his message.  He's funny and gets his message across with total ease.  We talked about ADD and our faith.  Hits home.  I get distracted every single day from God.  I can admit it, I'm not perfect, so very far from it! Though I say I am a Christian, all too often I get wrapped up in the trappings of this world.  It sucks. The great realization is that I can live more intentionally and take those five seconds before I do or say something to evaluate if its right and just.  This week I have been focused on Romans 12.  You can probably expect a blog post around it sometime soon.  Just sayin'.

The hubs wanted to bowl...so bowl we did.  I suck.


Last weekend's date night was great;  I just wish I wouldn't have been so tired.  It originally was going to be a group event - but things happened - it turned out to be a true date night.  We ate, talked, and bowled.  I appreciate time where someone else can watch the kids so my husband and I can connect.  With his schedule and it being summer (me + the kids all the time) it can be grueling on our marriage and sense of self.  Thanks Taylor for helping us out!

She's growing up....we looked at clothing instead of junk other stuff.

Lunch date just us two!


This was the first week I've had both my kids now that my C is finished with camp for the summer.  It was great to have both my kids with me.  We had a fun time together at the pool for one day, at the library for another, and getting caught in Target for an hour more than we planned thanks to a super soaker out of no where kind of rain.  On Friday morning we had just a girl's trip to the mall (her choice) where she enjoyed some time without her little brother around.  It is so important that I make sure we have that "girl's time" so she knows she is still so important.

I love these shoes!


I finally got some new shoes this week.  As in running/walking shoes.  I am a New Balance girl but I was swayed to the - wait for it - Skechers side this week.  I couldn't find a NB that fit me well this trip - I guess my feet are morphing again.  The sales rep insisted on me trying a pair of Go Walk 2 Flash Goga Pad shoes.  I was reluctant but tried them on.  Then I walked around the store.  Oh my goodness.  Those shoes feel great!  I asked about running in them and she said that she's had people buy them for jogging but wasn't sure about running.  I'm no Kenyan Sprinter so I figured why not.  My sales lady was so incredibly awesome.  She told me to wear them for a couple of days and if I did not like them I could return them.  Well folks, I broke them in and they are awesome.  Also, if you aren't a sock wearer then you would love these - they're made for you to wear barefoot.  They have absorbers (thanks to the yoga mat material) that help eliminate odor.  I just wear my thin socks with them and I'm a happy camper.


And finally....a little funny that I'm holding close to my heart this week....

Total opposite ending to the first picture huh?  Just for gigles, just for giggles....I think. Bahahahaha.


 xo Amanda

Linked up with Andrea
Linked up with April
Linked up with Tif



6 comments:

  1. Yay for Date nights, girl time, and new shoes! It sounds like a pretty great week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you got a lot of quality time in with loved ones. that's always the best!
    trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh I love bowling!!! Even tho I suck...sooo bad!! YAY for girl time! And love those sneaks!! Hope your OK this week!! There have been a few things I've read that have me worried!! LOL...get 'em girl friend!!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to the scripture, sister! Love me some Romans! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting you back! Your week sounds like fun! I like your new shoes! That meme is hilarious. At times, I can feel that way. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with those shoes! Would you believe I JUST purchased my 1st pair of tennis shoes in probably 7 or 8 years a couple of months ago?!

    Thanks for linking up with us for H54F!
    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!