Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tasty Tuesday



Hey y'all!  Today I wanted to share a couple recipes that we adore in our house!  One is a very simple crock pot recipe that is summer perfection and the other is a stove top quickie that is healthy, clean and fast.

I didn't go through the process of typing up the recipes because I included the link to the recipes for you with each picture. The link will take you to either the first blog post I put the dish in or the site it came from.  Salsa verde's home site can be seen on the photo!



Salsa verde chicken (The EASIEST recipe ever!)

Only 3 ingredients and less than 3 minutes to throw into a crock pot. Now THAT'S my kind of dinner! #crockpot #recipe #chicken

It is a little bittersweet I link up to that post.  I wrote it just a few weeks before the huge life event of 2014....our house issue.  It is funny how food makes you remember things - like the day I tried this recipe first, our house was completed from our planned renovation. We were floating on a cloud.  Funny how things can change!

Anyhoo, this dish is a favorite for everyone in our home.  Yes, even the two year old will eat it up.  It isn't very spicy so if you're worried about heat you should be just fine.  For three ingredients you should try it!



Lemon Pepper Chicken with Asparagus

5 Ingredient Lemon Chicken with Asparagus - a bright, fresh, healthy recipe that's ready in 20 minutes! 300 calories. | pinchofyum.com

The first time I made this recipe my husband updated his status on Facebook to:

"If my wife keeps making good food like she did tonight then we're opening a restaurant."

I think that sums up how tasty this clean dish is.  You can opt out of oil if you need to and use an alternative.  The flavor is intense and you basically have your whole meal ready in about thirty minutes.

If you're not into the whole clean thing then I say go ahead and whip up some garlic mashed potatoes to go with this stuff!





And for fun...here's my Zucchini Bread Recipe!


Read the recipe through before you make this.  I'm not a recipe writer and often times just depend on memory when I'm making a dish.  You can tell I did that when writing this because I failed to immediately state such things as  Preheat your oven to 325 first.  Or Grease and flour your pans after that.  Oh, that info is in the recipe just near the bottom instead of the top.  


You will need two bowls - a medium size for the dry ingredients and a large for the wet.

Dry ingredient bowl:
3c AP flour
1t salt
1t baking soda
1t baking powder
4t cinnamon

Stir all that together in your medium bowl.

Wet ingredient bowl:
3 eggs
1c of oil (I use half cup olive oil and half cup vegetable)
2 1/4c of sugar
3t of vanilla extract

 Grab your mixer and mix the wet ingredients together until they are well combined.  Then start to add in your dry ingredients (about a quarter to a half cup at a time).

Stir in 2 cups of shredded zucchini

(You can also add in nuts if you prefer.  My crew isn't big on pecans or walnuts.  However, if you do add nuts, send me some, I love them!)

This is enough for about two loaves.  Or you can make like myself and make one loaf and 8 muffins.  Just note you need to grease and flour your pans very well - it is a bread and it will stick like glue!

Bake in a 325 degree oven for an hour.  After an hour test with a fork, if it comes out slippery wet bake another 10 minutes and recheck.  If it comes out moist and delicious (because you know you'll try it) then you are good to go.

I let mine cool for about twenty minutes....then devour!







1 comment:

  1. Hooray!!! Thank you for posting the zucchini bread recipe! YUM
    I also like the looks of that Lemon Pepper Chicken!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!