Friday, August 7, 2015

5 of 7 (Friday Link Up Time)

Cup


Hey everyone!  I'm Amanda and I'm thrilled to be joining up with High Five for Friday this week...eeeek as their featured blogger.  I know, I think they totally got me mixed up with someone else, but hey I'll take it.  Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and I hope your Friday rocks.

This week's 5.....

Five Things I'm Looking Forward To....

From our June mini trip, she's always holding him by the neck....ughhh!


1.  Vacation

Ahhhh busting out of the regular place for a while!  I think the whole family is ready for it.  My two year old has been saying it every day - "Beach (which comes out Bee-sh) today.  I go beesh today!"  We vacation on the NC Coast because nothing could be finer my love.

Last year's birthday fun!


2.  Birthdays

My babies both will turn a year older in the next 16-24 days.  It is a bit sad to watch them get older but it is also really a joy.  This year my daughter will be eight and my son will be three.  Seeing how much they have changed over the past year is amazing!  I'm really seeing huge differences in my daughter.  A friend said the other day, "she's losing her kid features and changing into a little grown up" - that kind of hurt a bit but it is true!  I'm looking forward to cake and presents and decorating the house for their birthdays.  Nothing better than celebrating your greatest achievements!

Click here for more info!

3.  September (NC Wine Country) Trip

Who would have thought this girl would be talking about a post summer trip and excited about it?  It doesn't involve and island or a beach either?!?!  My husband and I have decided to take advantage of living in the wine country of North Carolina.  We also found out there is a cabin rental place in the Yadkin Valley and they just happen to offer a shuttle service to the major vineyards in the region.  If you add in late September (harvest) + cabins + good friends then you're going to get excited right?  This is going to serve as a little birthday fun for my husband as well.  Cannot wait!

Or do they.....:)

4.  Skiing?!

A couple weekends back my husband and I were talking about how we had never been skiing.  Look, I'm a summer slash water girl.  I am not a mountain girl who dreams of snow and ice and freezing.  As we were talking about it we started getting, dare I say, excited?  Thus the birth of a plan to go try out the whole skiing thing post Christmas came up.  We're inviting a few couple friends to join us and rent a place for the weekend.  My logic is this:  If I cannot ski then I'll hit up the lodge and then I'll go snow tubing :)  Good thing my friend Jennifer agreed!

The ultimate way to tell someone you love them!

5.  Seeing my BFF!

My closest, dearest, sister not a sister friend and I are spending time together today.  She took a day off work for her anniversary but she and her husband had a change of plans....so i get her!  I am looking forward to lunch and a very random trip to Target with her. It is a shame that we live about 40 minutes from each other but only seem to get together twice a year.  Thanks to her calendar being jam packed all the time it is just hard to do.  However, the best part of our relationship - no matter how many months we go apart we do talk every day (via text and email) and always pick right up where we left off.

Thank you so much for visiting today!  I hope your weekend is full of fun and you have lots you are looking forward to in the coming weeks and months!

Linked up with Andrea & April too!


10 comments:

  1. Wow, you have lots to look forward to!! Hope your weekend is awesome lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello visiting you from Bright on Budget. Congrats on being feature blogger this week. I live in NC, outside Charlotte. Glad to meet another Carolina girl. Love wine country here. I visited Raffalini Vineyards last month and it was wonderful. Look forward to going back in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how living closer doesn't mean you get to see the person more, sounds like you're going to have a great day and all of those vacations sound like so much fun! I'm not a cold or snow-skiing girl either. I've done the snow tubing and that was a blast but I was glad to be back in the warmer weather when it was over! Have a great weekend and a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m so excited for your trips. I want to go on a wine country vacation this fall + skiing this winter!!! You have so much to look forward to so I'm counting on you to inundate us with pictures. Because I have neither of those things planned and will need to live vicariously through you. Obviously. And happy birthday to your kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being featured! Awesome! A September trip to win country?? Yes please!
    Where are you going skiing? Come up to NY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to look forward to! Would love to visit NC wine country one day! Have an awesome day with your BFF today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like me in regards to skiing... except for the "now I'm excited" part! :) Congrats on being the featured blogger and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from H54F! I live in South Carolina....I had no idea there was a "wine country" next door. :) Enjoy exploring it! I love North Carolina, it's such a beautiful state. Have a great weekend!

    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun stuff coming up!!
    Its a shame that you live far away from your BFF. I don't have a BFF. :*(
    I'll just pretend you're mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!