Sunday, July 26, 2015

Monday, May I?


Hey y'all.  Another Monday is here and that means another week to fly by.  

Can anyone really believe it is the last week of July?

Kinda breaks my heart :(

So last week I set out to meet these goals:

1.  Back on the shakes (protein shakes twice a day and healthy snacks) 
EPIC FAIL.
I had two shakes all week.  
On the flip side I ate healthy...until Saturday when we went to Bad Daddy's.  I had two Mich Ultras and a cantina burger.  Mmmmm. 490-500 calories in that bad boy.  If we compare it to ANY OTHER MENU ITEM I did great!
Not trying to justify my EPIC FAIL but letting you know I'm on track just not the protein shake one right now, OK?

2.  Purchase (unless any of you want to lend me) a copy of James Dobson's Strong Willed Child
EPIC FAIL.
Let's be real this is actually a MOVE TO THIS WEEK GOAL.  I was going to go and buy it (should just order the damn thing so I don't waste money but hello I have two kids in the house with me....we call this a field trip).  

3.  Get the babysitter twice this week.  (That means once so I can do something with my mom and once so the husband and I can have a date night...which leads to...)
PART WIN PART IN THE WORKS!
We had our date night (el esposo y yo).  Five hours of no "MOM HE TOUCHED ME"  "MOM HE PINCHED ME"  "MOM HE WALKED BY ME!"   and also no two year shrieks of terror that Sponge Bob FINALLY went off or pangs of hunger after eating a large meal five minutes prior.
If all goes well maybe we'll get to call her back so I can go tubing with my mom.  We have to play these things by ear people.

4.  Plan a date night!
In case your reading comprehension level is low after reading number three...
Goal met!
We had dinner at Bad Daddy's - best ever. Then we went to a second hand music store - sucked.  Then we went bowling for two hours - he's good I am not.
It was a lot of fun.

5. Dare I do five?  I dare!  Start on the tagging for fall consignment sales.  Shut up!  I hate tagging.
Goal met!
I started on Thursday and finished on Saturday.  I hate tagging.
Technically I have to attach the tags via safety pins to the clothing but I can do that this week, right?

This week's goals:

1.  Go to the bookstore, with the kids, it is called a field trip.  Get the Dobson book.

2.  Attach the tags to the clothes I tagged...or made tags for and put on hangers.

3.  Pray for some direction on a couple things going on in my life that I'm lost over.  We all have them but right now I have two that are burning my brain up.  

4.  12 mile goal for pavement pounding this week.  I can do it, right?

How about you?  Do you have some goals for the week?  Share them! Here or on my Facebook page!

Click here for my page!








2 comments:

  1. Woo for date night, that's awesome! Good luck this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The date night goal is the most important!
    I checked out the Dobson book last week. I skimmed through it briefly, and it is somewhere in my living room under a load of clothes. I must dig that one back out!!
    When do you have/find time to run or walk? I can barely find time to use the bathroom or shove a chocolate in my mouth in secret without my 3 year old hunting me down. And he does hunt me down...oh yes.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!