Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday 5

Cup

The last weekend of summer break starts now.  I'm not ready for school to start back.  I know, I know I should be rejoicing that the daughter is excited about going to school and I can get back in a normal routine but I'm just a little bummed.

I really love summer.

I really hate to see it go.

End of story.

My five today are the five six things I really enjoyed during summer break 2015....

1. Camping at the Lake

Don't be jealous my husband has no body fat....ugh...of course men get that problem.

In June we camped on Lake Norman and had a blast.  It was a spur of the moment trip and so much fun!

2.  Beach Trip 1

Myrtle Beach, SC

The kids and I took off for a weekend at the beach with my mom and her husband in June.  We had a lot of fun.

3.  The insane food of this summer...

The devil!

Those things should be illegal.  Summer food rocks....and now I'm talking about peaches, watermelons, tomatoes, corn, all things FRESH!

4.  My camper!

She said she was sad it was her last day :(

Though her face says she may have just been booked and is on her way to jail...she really LOVED camp this year.  It was her first year doing a summer camp and she still talks about it weekly.

5.  River time

It was fun while it lasted!

We really enjoyed our time on the Yadkin River this summer.  Lots of swimming and rope swinging for the ones who liked that.  Good times indeed.

6.  Our annual family beach trip to OIB...

Yes, I could move here.

What a great way to wrap up the summer - at Ocean Isle Beach.

Other things I totally enjoyed this summer -
1.  We didn't have many but the date nights my husband and I had were great.  I think we had a total of two or three.
2.  Lots of mommy son time!  With the big sis at camp the Little Man and I got to do some super fun stuff like Farmer's Market trips, a trip to Sciworks, and pool time galore.
3.  Rest and relaxation....because that is what summer is about!

****

About that bucket list....pretty bad but we had a fun summer anyway!!!!

Camp at Jellystone again!  Nope
Camp somewhere new!  Yes!
Go to the Childrens Museum  Skipped it this summer.
Visit SciWorks  Yes!
Visit the Discovery Center in Huntersville  Oops forgot about it!
Tweetsie!  Didn't happen but will in 2016.
Go bike riding in Todd, NC  Another nope
Get some cows  Are you kidding me, no way.
Build a new chicken coop  Our birds were killed, didn't happen.
Craft more  Nope, the fall is when that occurs.
Paint pictures  The kids did several times!
Have Sunday evening cookouts with friends  Another goal moved to fall.
Lazy Tuesdays at the movies  Failed
 read 50 books  She read 40!
 read 10 books  I read 5 go me 50%
Kayak  Sadly no but the kids kind of did
Fish more  It didn't pan out
                                    Swim every day Oh yeah baby, done!







2 comments:

  1. Haha, I bought those Reeses for my husband! He loved them, but he was so mad. He keeps getting mad because I keep bringing crap like that home for him to eat. And he's trying to stay in tip top shape right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those oreos - YUM!!!! I had to scroll past quickly so I didn't get tempted. And your summer checklist looks like ours :) We moved a few things to Fall because it would be a better activity for cooler weather anyway. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!