Monday, August 3, 2015

Tasty Tuesday


Last week I shared my favorite pool food with you.

It was pretty healthy.

This week I'm sharing my favorite beach food with you.

It is not healthy.

It is real, dirty, bad for you, so delicious food.

So if you're looking for healthy treats then just go away.


1.  Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips

Salt & Vinegar potato chips are my most favorite of all time.  I don't eat them but twice a year and both times fall in the summer and are normally around beach trip time.  I've never been a big fan of Kettle Style chips but these are pretty good!

2.  Lance Snack Crackers

It could be a Southern thing but I love a pack of Nabs at the beach.  I also like them when I need to eat but am not terribly hungry.  I think several of us girls can attest to days when our lunch consisted of a sweet tea and pack of crackers.

Yep, uh huh.

They are easy to eat on the beach.  Packaged so you don't get sand in a bag.  You can get a little protein...and you can get a low cal/fat option.

Look at me trying to make these a health food.

3.  Corona Light


Well duh.

4.  Trail Mix


Mmmm I love trail mix....especially this one at Walmart.

5.  Capri Sun

Image result for roaring water capri sun

Even though Capri Sun got some flack over their pouches and mold I still use it.

I'm not stressing over it because I drank CS as a kid and lived to tell about it.  With little hands it is easy to hold on the beach and easy to gulp down too.

That's what we have in our beach bag.  What snacks and drinks do you pack?

While I'm on the topic of junk food (thus this whole post) I wanted to share a couple recipes I spotted over the weekend....
These Reese's bars are better than the real thing! So easy, and no baking.
Click here for the recipe!

Starbucks Lemon Poundcake in the crockpot
Click here to get the recipe!

Minions snack mix! Super fun and easy! A back to school snack surprise.
Minion Trail Mix....Beach Worthy! Click here for the recipe!


Yum yum!  What are you eating that's not so great for you this week?  Oh let's just celebrate it!








3 comments:

  1. That Lemon Pound Cake looks super yummy. I'm an adult and still drink Capri Sun. I don't care for salt & vinegar chips but my husband likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love Cape Cod chips. Although, I used to REALLY love them with a glass of white wine so now I don't eat them quite as often.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!