Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thursday Mishmash

As mentioned a couple weeks ago I was nominated for the blogger quote challenge by the wonderful Katie.  Here's the link to my first quote.  Today I share quote number two.

Psalm 56:3

So this is a Bible verse and not a quote and I guess I am breaking the rules a little here.  Oh well, you will have to deal with it.

I cannot tell you how many times I have thought I was in control over a situation OR I thought I knew exactly how something was going to play out.

Um yeah...only to be reminded I don't know diddly squat.

Over and over again in my life I have felt a little too comfortable or confident and I have watched what I thought would happen never occur.

Instead I saw polar opposites take place.

At times they made me want to cry like a little kid whose ice cream fell to the ground.  Other times I just have stood by quite numb. I didn't feel able to move or breathe. It is a tough case of having your feelings smashed, crashed, and dashed then ground into the dirt.

We're human and we're going to feel rejected, dejected, and incomplete.  However, as I have been able to open my eyes to the bigger picture I realize that I have to stop thinking I know how things are going to go.  Sometimes we get a left turn because it was warranted, not by us, but by the Master Planner.

Over the past few years my life has been a learning act.  Learning that I don't control every little tidbit and that I cannot see the future or what is truly best in every situation because I'm a human.  Little by little I give up a piece of worry, doubt, stress each day only to be reassured the One in control will steer this little dingy right where it needs to go.

This week I was a little heart broken due to a situation I had set myself up for - thinking it would be a great thing.  After an hour of wallowing in my pity I was over it and feeling good again.  Two reasons for that change:

1.  I tried.  I did my best with what I was given.  I cannot say I failed because really I didn't.
2.  My closest friend, yeah you know her if you read the blog, texted me this:  "You are exactly where God wants you.  He's got a bigger plan for you."

And all God's children said, Amen.

*****

Random Thursday Thoughts....

These are things I actually did or said this week....



1.  "I am so mad at you.  You ate all my gum and I just bought the pack!"  - Me to my 2 year old son.  Yes he really ate the whole pack.



2.  "I just see it as an opportunity to wear make up and drink more wine." - Me to my 19 year old brother regarding a change this week.



3.  "My liver emailed me.  It was going to lay me off if I didn't take action immediately."  While texting my friend Jennifer.



4.  "I don't want to touch people."  While texting my friend Jennifer about jobs.  She's a nurse....need I say more?



5.  "Child, you are smart but you aren't that smart.  I think I know more than you since you're like 7 and I'm not 22."  Me to my daughter, yeah 22 ha!










3 comments:

  1. What a great verse!! And I love your insight into it! AMEN indeed!! And I love your thoughts this week! Had me laughing out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are hilarious! I'd be pissed if someone ate all my gum!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!