Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday, May I (Party)?


Last week’s goals:

1.  Clean out our vehicles.  Look, summer is over and they need a good cleaning.  Carting around two kids for 9 weeks can really make your car smell funny and have weird things in the interior.  Now is the time to get it in good shape again.

2.  Go to the library alone.  This shouldn't be difficult, ha that's what she said, right?

3.  Pound the pavement.  

And in actuality?

1.     I cleaned out my car but not the truck.  Meet goal number 1 for this week:  Clean the truck.
2.    I went to the library….not alone but with my three year old.  He had fun, I cannot complain.
3.    Pound the pavement.  I only got one time to last week.  Thus this goal moves on to this week.

So to recap this week’s goals:

1.     Clean out the truck
2.    Pound the pavement
3.    Reorganize the house

What is up with number three?  Well….certain rooms look horrible thanks to too much junk.  I hope to get them cleaned right up and out!


What are your goals sugar pie?

****

Weekend Recap (because this is foreign to me)

The first week of school is a thing of the past...Saturday we slept in and then I made pancakes for the littles.  Banana pancakes to be exact (Jack Johnson you're such an inspiration!)

Then the kids and I headed to Sam's Club to buy goodies for their birthday party.  I can never get out of that place spending less than $100.  I knew I would be over it this weekend....still buying those damned Pull Ups (and two birthday presents).


Saturday afternoon was spent running around the yard (kids and hubby).  I got in a one hour nap.  Biology can really whip your tail once a month if you're a female...just sayin'.



The grandparents picked up the kids later in the day on Saturday and they spent the night over at their place.  The husband talked me into going to a fantasy football draft with him at Lake Norman.  


It was boring.  However, the view and another wifey and I had a great conversation about wine and books and the coast!  When we finally got home around 11:30 I cleaned the house some.  Oh yeah I'm wild.

Sunday was church, bad Mexican food, and the birthday party!

We partied this past weekend.  Kid style!  It was a very small affair.  The Pappaw Doug E. Fresh and Granny J-oyce, the great grandma J-Dawg, the Nana, the Uncle Turtle Meat Avery, Aunt Shoe and Misty Twisty, and my fabulous bestie Ashwee and her sweet little fellas Will I Am and Levicutiepie

What?  Are you jealous your family doesn't have these cool names?

When it comes to birthday parties my mindset is becoming more and more - smaller is so much better.




There's my weekend in a nutshell.

I hope your weekend was relaxing and just plain fabulous!










.

2 comments:

  1. buahah I love all the names! so funny/fun. I like your weekly list of goals. good luck with getting them all accomplished this week!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that sounds like a fun weekend! All we did was see a movie. Wild times!! Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!