Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

Hey you.  Happy Tasty Tuesday!  If you aren’t aware I started a new Sunday post called Let’s Eat.  It has our meal plan for the week on it and includes all three main meals and snacks.  Go check it out!  I’ll link to it at the bottom.

Now back to Tasty Tuesday!

Today I have a serious question.

What is your most favorite food ever?
What is the food that you couldn’t exist without?
Is it something as simple as Cheerios or is it more esteemed like a truffle and gold pizza that costs around $2,400.00? 


The other night I was thinking about this question…favorite food?  And it hit me.  There is one food that if removed from my options would leave me extremely, terribly, in the depths of despair.
It is….

A hamburger!


Hold the cheese I’m not a cheeseburger fan.  I am a hamburger girl.  I don’t want dairy fighting the deliciousness of beef for the gold trophy from my taste buds.  I want the deliciousness that is red meat cooked over an open flame.

I really like my burgers rare.  I’m also a rare steak girl.  I like them juicy and covered in white slaw, mustard, tomato, and pickle.


I think that may be a southern thing – white slaw.  For you non Southerner’s white slaw is a mayo based slaw with cabbage, a little vinegar, and sugar.  Dear Lord I could eat it straight from the bowl (like my daughter does).
 
I’m not a strictly beef burger girl.  I also love turkey burgers.  I treat them just like the classic made-from-a-cow burger.  Keep your cheese and give me my requirements of slaw, mustard, tomato, and pickle.

Butterball makes a great turkey burger if you’re interested.  So does Bubba Burgers!

Image result for bad daddy's burger bar

My favorite burger joint is Bad Daddy’s.
Bad Daddy’s turned me into a black bean burger girl with the Cantina Burger.  Holy sweet lord they are so good.  I mean so good.  

Get it crispy and you’ll be so happy to eat that bad boy.

Image result for bad daddy's burger bar cantina burger

The Cantina Burger is breaking my rule of no cheese.  However, it isn’t a beef burger; it’s a bean burger so cheese is OK.  They top the burger with an avocado chipotle dressing….y’all it is so good I think I need to stop blogging this second and go get one right now!

Bad Daddy’s is currently only in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Colorado.  Yeah, that’s weird.

I’ve never had a few burgers out there that are popular.  Maybe you have?

Image result for burgers and eggs

Burgers with eggs on them baffle me.  I don’t keep my chickens in my cattle barn so why do I want to mix eggs with beef?  I’ve been told it’s extremely delicious.  However, my cholesterol level may be displeasing if I try it and then even more so if I like it.


Burgers with butter in them make me contemplate the level of effectiveness of various health initiatives.  I’m not even kidding.  People will put butter in the red meat and on top of it and then eat it.  I think that is the true heart attack special.  Butter is good and all but c’mon y’all no way!

Image result for donut burgers

Donut burgers, really?  Really.  I think this is a fair style food but I also think it is stupid.  You take two donuts and use them as a bun and slide the burger in between.  I’m sure it is just heavenly but it’s making me hurl.

I think I’ll just stick to my traditional hamburger or my Cantina burger or turkey burger.

How about you?  What is your most favorite food?  How creative can you be with ways to make it? 

Oh and here’s the link to Let’s Eat!  Out every Sunday on the blog!







2 comments:

  1. My husband and you would get along smashingly. He loves a good hamburger, NO cheese. He's always in search of the best burger, lol. Me? My favorite food is sushi. I could eat it every day. As long as there is a sushi bar within a few feet of me, I will go anywhere. Oh and a vodka bar. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was craving a burger so bad on Sunday night so we tried BurgerFi and it did not disappoint!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!