Sunday, July 12, 2015

Monday, May I & Eat French Fries




Okay guys here's my list from last week:

1.  More exercise.
2.  More water.
3.  More devotion
4.  Get the weekend planned.

And here's how it panned out....

1.  I probably got the same amount of exercise as I have been getting.  Swimming and pavement pounding equaled out.  Hopefully I'll get my bike fixed this week so I can pedal.

  2.  Once again, probably the same amount I have been drinking.  My issue is still not drinking enough at all - I don't do much on beverages unless its coffee.  Eeeek!

Cover art

3.  Did it!  Daily Bible Devotion is what I downloaded to my phone and I really like the app.  It gives a piece of scripture and a small lesson to go with it.  But its not just for one time a day!  It also gives an evening devotion, trivia, and a funny from the Bible!  

4.  SCORE!  I did this!  My mom kept the kids on Saturday night so the hubby and I could have a child free (aka no chicken nuggets) dinner.  We visited some friends and came home and relaxed on the porch.  It is so nice to get a break!

And now to this week....

1.  Keep 1-3 from last week.
2.  Get my bike fixed so I can ride with my daughter.
3.  Plan an IKEA trip (this week would rock)
4.  Keep my laundry room in order ALL WEEK LONG.

Alrighty, lets see what you have on your goal sheet for this week!  Share it!  We could totally cheer each other on.

*****

Before I end this post I want to ask a favor of you (North Carolina readers).



It really isn't that tedious or tasking.

McDonald's gets a bad rap from so many of us.  I mean, what are those nuggets really made of and why don't they properly decompose?

We can talk junk about the fast food giant all we want but you know what?  They have a pretty amazing "other venture" that we forget about.


Our local RMH

Ronald McDonald Houses are safe places for so many families who have sick children in this state and country.  They allow for parents and siblings of kids battling disease and illness a refuge for food, sleep, and decompression.  

Thanks be to God I have never had to stay in a RMH! Unfortunately, I do know people who have.  My first memory of RMH was when I was just a second grader and a classmate's sister battled leukemia.  He would come to school and tell us about RMH (we all thought it was Happy Meal land then!)

Through the years other friends have found that RMH is their home as their precious babies and children get top of the line care at  Brenner's Children's Hospital, Levine Children's Hospital, Duke, UNC Health System, and Vidant Medical Center.

I bet you can think of a RMH or two close to you.

See, we can talk bad about McDonald's all day long (and on into the night) but they do do good.  I try to always drop my change back into the RMH bin outside the drive thru window and at the register.  Today, we can do even better by not even remembering to slide those nickles and dimes into the container.



Today with every french fry order purchased at a North Carolina McDonald's, they will give a quarter to the Ronald McDonald House.

Get your small fry and you have donated a quarter.

Get your large fry (no judgement) and you have donated a quarter.

McDonald's are everywhere you go and their fries are legendary.  I'm excited to see how much money they raise today for their best mission yet....Ronald McDonald House.

Ronald McDonald Houses in North Carolina:

Winston-Salem
Charlotte
Durham
Chapel Hill
Greenville

I'm lovin' it....the love that we can spread through buying a fry or volunteering our time.

***Check your local McDonald's in other states to see if they are participating in this campaign as well.  I was just made aware of it for the North Carolina market.***

xo -





3 comments:

  1. Great work in the daily devotional! I downloaded the Laudate app recently and love it. I actually thought of your blog the other day when I was kind-of camping on a map and navigation exercise - it was great to be off grid for a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Ikea. I don't think I will ever go because if I did I would buy way too much, lol.
    Have you ever tried the app called She Reads Truth? It's pretty neato, you should look into it. Thanks for the recommendation on Daily Bible Devotion. I'll have to check that one out.
    And now I want french fries. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your weekly list. I do good to get a monthly one done so I'm really impressed that you have a weekly list!!! I saw that on the Today show this morning about McD's supporting the RMH. I have a friend who had to stay there for a few weeks when her youngest was born and she just raves about how amazing it is.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!