Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tasty Tuesday



Alright, I'm just going to throw this out there and maybe I'm not alone.

I only use my crock pot from September - April.

Whew I admitted it.

I know it is a shame, right?  When I think of my crock pot I think of cool and cold months.  I don't think of the amazing ease at which I can make delicious meals with it.  To me the crock pot is for chilis and soups and hearty foods.  Those aren't things I'm prone to wanting during my lovely North Carolina summers where days go on into the 90's on the mercury and evenings settle out around 70.

Realizing I cannot be a boycott babe of the crock pot during the summer I have decided to scour the books and blogs and beautiful Pinterest for some hot-temp-crock-pot-hope.

This is what I have found and this is what I am trying this week.

1.  Chicken Caesar Crock Pot Sandwiches

These easy Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches are so quick and easy! The perfect keep-the-kitchen-cool summer dinner! ~ from Two Healthy Kitchens at www.TwoHealthyKitchens.com

Click that link above to get to the blog, Two Healthy Kitchens.  This is an easy, light, perfect summer dinner sandwich.  I also love that leftovers could go right into the husband's lunch for work the next day.  Double win!

2.  CP Pepper Steak

Crock Pot Pepper Steak... I grew up on this dish. Love it !!  reminds me of home ;)

I get it, you're looking at the screen confused.  You're thinking is that light?  Is that summery?

As far as steak goes....yes.

Strips of steak, not an entire 15oz Porterhouse, chill out.  With vegetables, relax.  The rice...ok I have a love hate with rice and normally its a hate.  Rice is filling...quickly filling....so I generally slide it over to one side of my plate and let it rot.

Click the link beside 2 and visit The Country Cook and get this recipe.  It takes a little more work than number one but it will be worth it....I'm sure!

3.  CP Gumbo

Don't heat up the kitchen for dinner. Instead make this easy Crock Pot Gumbo Recipe

I can do Cajun food when its hot out.  It makes sense if you think about it....Cajun summers are crazy hot, thick with humidity and crawling with skeeters.  We have some similarities.  Plus Cajun food is good any time of the year (if you ask me).

This recipe is pretty simple and even has a some gluten free subs for those of you convinced you have developed Celiac Disease at 35 thanks to WebMD.  Visit Moms With Crock Pots for some fabulous recipe finds.

Awesome Product Alert

A couple weeks ago my husband and I went in one of our favorite stores, Williams Sonoma.  Honestly, I love it because its a free snack at the mall.  No denying we love free snacks thus the Sam's Club Membership.

Well we fell in love with this rub:







It is so versatile as a rub and as a dip.  When I went back to get a canister of it they were sold out...of course.  However, I noticed online its $3 cheaper than in store.  Check it out!


That's it for this week.  See ya'll later!

Don't miss the Cocktail Link Up Post today!








2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to be better about using my crockpot this summer, too. Because I'm all about the soups and chills in the freezing cold months, too. Great recipes, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady! Those chicken ceasar sandwiches look delish!! I am definitely trying them!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!