Friday, July 10, 2015

5 Things (from) 7 Days


Whoa it is already Friday again?  No way!  I hope your Fridays finds you happy and ready to rock another great summer weekend.  Here are five things from my past seven days.



1 -  Join my END ALZ team!  

In honor of my Mom-o and her battle with Alzheimer's Disease I started working on my walk team for October 31st (Winston-Salem, NC).  I'm planning a lot of fundraising in September but right now I need to start securing my team!  If you're local would you consider walking with {Team Ruth's Hope?}  No person should have to endure Alzheimer's and I don't think anyone really knows how horrible it is until they have experienced it with a loved one.  I pray that not one of you ever have to see it face to face.  Let's secure a memorable future by doing something NOW!  

If you aren't local, would you consider a {donation} to the Alzheimer's Association?  My team is taking donations to the cause via Ruth's Hope.  Any amount helps!


2 - Food, food food!

What kind of week has it been?  It has been an "eat watermelon for lunch" kind of week!  The high temps in the 90's left for a short while and then boom they were back.  I love hot weather so you won't find me complaining about it.  A day when watermelon is the perfect lunch because you're by the pool and soaking in some sunshine....that's my kind of day!



Last Sunday we had the chance to get my favorite peaches!  I was going to make a cobbler but decided to just enjoy them one at a time.

My dad's zucchini has been coming in hot and heavy.  I was lucky enough to get four zucchini and made some delicious zucchini bread and muffins with the kids on Thursday.  They love to cook and bake....not sure where that comes from <wink>.

This is "crack" - stay away!


On Monday I had to run in the grocery store for two things - chili and cereal.  (What a combo, right?)  Turns out they had crack on sale for $1.99.  Just say no.  These are highly addictive and amazingly delicious.  Like I said, just say no.

3 - Pool it.


I am really thankful we have a pool in the family.  It makes the summer go by a lot smoother.  The kids swim every day (depending on weather and plans) and it makes the biggest difference in their health, attitude, and sleep!  This week we had our friends A & C over to swim.  It was perfect!  After being with kids all day you are thrilled when you have another mom you can talk to.....and not just about kid stuff!!!

4 - Hair Day



I'm not apologizing for this picture.  It is summer and I don't care about make up or clothes.  I just care about having fun and getting what I need to get finished - finished!  I have worn make up twice since school let out - yes two times only.  Used to that would bother me, now, not so much!  But my hair....now that's another story.  I got a great trim and my grays covered and that made me feel so good.  Nothing beats the salon.

5 - I just wanna shop!


This is one of my favorite times of the year to go shopping.  I've had the itch to go for a couple of days but of course have talked myself out of it.  Have you bee shopping lately?  Have you scored any fab finds?  Tell me all about it!  Right now I'm listing house items I need to get and a few little here and there wishes I would like to find for myself.

OK that's my five!  I hope your weekend is great.  Swing by the Facebook page and say hello while you're playing on your phone this weekend.  I hope to have a giveaway up sometime in the next two weeks....woooo hoooo!


















4 comments:

  1. We have gotten so much zucchini from our CSA basket this summer already, I think I may need to make bread! Great idea! I have spiralizer coming too for noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been majorly overdosing on the watermelon lately. And I think you look just fine without makeup. I rarely wear it in the summer because I feel like my skin actually looks decent. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for PEACHES! Lucky! I agree about the hair....it must be done, makeup-shamakeup in the summer, but the hair has to be done. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our zucchini has been out of control this year! It's taken over the entire raised garden and is spilling over onto the yard. It seems like we have new ones ready to be picked daily!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!