Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Housekeeping Time!

Today is like my housekeeping post.

No, hold your Clorox and rubber gloves, I don't mean that housekeeping.

I mean the business kind of housekeeping.  Except this isn't a board meeting (or 4H meeting).  It is just a hey ya'll, I love you for reading and here's some stuff going on type of post.



First line item.....

Please join my Walk To End Alzheimer's Team!

Local friends and family please donate some money to the cause and come walk with me on the morning of October 31st!  We're walking at Tanglewood.  I am going to plan out some fun stuff for my team.  Ya'll know I like to be silly and fun, I promise we'll have a good time.

Far and away friends and family please donate a little sumpin' sumpin' to my team.

Visit my page by clicking here!

Or click here and type in Ruth's Hope on the side bar!

So the name of my team is Ruth's Hope.  I got that name from two sources.....

1.  Ruth is my grandma who has Alzheimer's.  I've written a lot about her and all she went through in the first two years with the disease.  Her fight is advancing and seeing the way this disease takes every morsel of dignity is horrific.  If she still had her strong and sharp mind she would have hope that this disease would be wiped off the earth and that no one would ever have to endure it.

2.  The Book of Ruth (Old Testament).  Ruth teaches us about life's setbacks, life's hopes, and how we can be righteous in the Lord.  Ruth didn't have an easy, royal life.  She had a life of hard times and struggle.  Yet, Ruth remained a loyal servant to the Lord.  She had hope and that hope carried her through all her dark times and while in the midst of negative Naomi (I guess we'd say Negative Nancies).

Please, please, please join me as I raise money and awareness to help end this disgusting disease.



Check out my Facebook Page

Um....like 6 or 7 months ago I put together a Facebook page for this blog.  I love Facebooking the blog because its fun and easy and can really get chatter going with readers.

However, the chatter part never has came to fruition, sadness for me.

I said a couple weeks ago if my blog got 50K reads and 130 FB friends I would do a giveaway.  Well my reads got to the goal but my FB didn't.  (I don't promote anything properly, I'm aware.  Chill out Condescending Colette.)

Sooooo here's a link to my FB page for the blog, check it out!

By clicking here!
Blogs I love

There are some blogs I love and I try not to miss a post.  I would encourage you to check them out too. Just four for today but they rock out:


In closing:

I realize I have asked you for money, to like a FB page, and offered up some blogs for you to check out.  Was this too forward of me?

No.

It wasn't.  We are bonded, we're cool.










4 comments:

  1. Awww...thanks for mentioning my blog!! You ROCK!
    Wish I could walk with you on the 31st! I hope you raise tons of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention!! You're the best!! So glad you posted the link to you FB page because I tried to find you and couldn't!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading through your blog posts from this week (hi, yes I stalk you), THANK YOU SO MUCH for the mention! Good luck with your fundraising and walk on October 31st, wish I could join you. Good luck to fundraising! Alzheimer's is close to my heart as well.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!