Friday, July 3, 2015

5 from the 7 days

1.  Last weekend.

They both love the ocean which is great but also horrible since its like sharknado on the Carolina coasts.

We have officially hit the awkward phase of childhood...all her smiles look painful.


You know all those hokey pokey stores at the beach?  Well tell the marketing directors that this guy is their guy.....he wanted to go in every single one of them.  The Christmas Mouse really got him hopping.  He loved it.


My husband had to work all weekend.  My mom and her husband were at the beach.  I was planning on just doing the pool thing.  Then my mom called and said we could come down to the beach they had lots of room where they were staying.

I thought about it for five minutes and then said...ok.

The only thing I hate about going somewhere?  Going without my husband.  However, it was a successful trip.

Oh and the babies had a blast.

2.  Myrtle Beach.

Pick the airport and go some where else....ewww MB no good....try another SC beach town.

I'm not a fan.  Unless it is off season.  I'm the kind of girl who likes no crowds and lots of beach.  I'm also very laid back and like the ease of taking a crock pot and throwing whatever in it and eating in my bathing suit on the deck while the music blares in the background.

3.  10 Years.



On Tuesday the calendar reminded me that my Mammaw has been gone for 10 years.  She unexpectedly passed on June 30, 2005.  I will never forget that day.  She was an anchor and a huge part of me.  I don't think you ever get over the loss of someone so influential but you do become more appreciative of the memories and all the wonderful things they instilled in you.

4.  A Break.



On Thursday I finally got a mommy break.  Ever hit that block wall that says,  If I don't get away from these kids for a few hours I'm going to go insane?  Yeah, I hit it.  Luckily, my mom said the kids could hang out with her while I had dinner with my friend Jennifer.  A Vodka Tonic and vegetarian pizza PLUS loads of chit chat.....yes please!

5.  Girl Talk.

 

Milani nail laquer for .97 at Walmart this past week.  No lying.  My nails are all navy blue for the fourth.  Love that polish.
Why am I breaking out like a 13 year old at school picture time?  Guys, I had to go buy some Aveeno kill-yo-pimple-pads this week for my face.  Oh my gahhhh! Luckily, they work like a charm.
Apparently, my hair is riddled with triple the grays it had before.  I have short hair so that means I'm putting two inches on it (grow baby grow) so I can get more of the color I want (and need) to cover them.  I'm all for some gray hairs......when I'm not in my 30's.....or 40's.....or hell even 50s.  I FB'd my hair chick and told her the rebels were invading and I needed her magic color wand to heal the situation.
I wore make up on Thursday for the first time in nearly a month.  I also peeled out of my go to work out shorts and t-shirt to wear my distressed, skinny, cropped jeans with a hot pink blouse.  Ya'll, I put on jewelry too.  Shut up.  It felt so good to be all girly again.

Have a great weekend - thank for coming by!

Linked up today with Momfessionals aka Andrea.



8 comments:

  1. I had to laugh about the clothes, and getting dressed. I have been in shorts and tanks/tees all summer, and rocking dirty hair. I actually am looking forward to going out in public this weekend and getting dressed. Not that it will be all fancy, but at least an outfit! :) Have a great weekend, and stay away from the sharks, all of the attacks are scary and crazy. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I am still a tom boy at heart.....I like to get all girly girl to feel kinda alive sometimes!!!! No sharks in the river :) Hope your July 4th was great!!! xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. What's up with all those sharks?? My friend is going to the Outer Banks soon for vaca and she is flipping out! Anyway, Happy 4th! Hope you are doing something fun today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK about the shark issue. Maybe its water temps or the fact humans are so dang tasty that they cannot give us up! Yes, I would flip about the Outer Banks - lots of sand sharks - but she'll be fine. We had a fun fourth and I bet you guys did too! xo Amanda

      Delete
  3. The Sharks are crazy!! you are hilarious... I just know we'd be great friends IRL!! Glad you had a great time this week...and were able to get a little break! Have a happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally would be besties irl. DUH! I'm so glad I got that break too. I love my kids but they can drain me of life, love, and liberty. I hope your 4th rocked out girl. xo Amanda

      Delete
  4. Guuurl, I hear ya about the sharks! We have a vacation booked in Charleston soon and don't tell the family but a tiny bit of me is freaking out. And I love the beach. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BECKEY!!!! Whats up pretty lady? I think I'm going to try for Charleston this fall. Which beach are you hitting up? This should be in an email. Lordy. I LOVE the beach too but I'm with you, this year I'm like oh-my-goodness-my-children-are-going-to-lose-limbs. Crazy. xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!