Friday, July 24, 2015

5/7


1.  My girl finished camp for the summer.



This year marked the first year my oldest participated in any summer camp.  She really had a blast at the local Christian based camp called Camp Manna.  What a wonderful resource that place is.  She looked forward to going each day and came home smiling tired after her day was finished there.  I see a lot of swimming, pajama wearing til noon days, and trips to the mall in the remainder of our summer!

2.  River Action!



Last weekend was once again spent at my dad's on the river.  We all had a great time swimming and the kids got to ride in the kayaks.  The camper got dusted off and pulled out for the weekend as well.  Luckily, it wasn't very hot and we all slept super well.

3.  PMnoS Fog.

Ladies, I'm in a new stage of life and it is sucky.  Sorry but there is no other word.  In January my doctor alerted me I was beginning to transition to a new phase of life.  The one where you get wrinkles and hot flashes all bundled together.  It is funny how the good doctor failed to mention the other affects this transition has on you.  I've been in a dense fog all week (well up until Wednesday), my mind was operating on turtle speed instead of rabbit.  I was lethargic and just felt like poo.  I still continued to exercise and eat well.  I even tried this napping thing!  Luckily, I adjusted my vitamins and am feeling much better.  Anyone else going through this?  Been through this?  Have any offerings of advice to give?  Eeeeek!  Here's a great article (very short) that tells us we're OK!



4.  Now ear this.



My little guy had an unexpected trip to the doctor on Tuesday.  After getting out of the pool I noticed his ear was swollen and puss was oozing out.  I was immediately grossed out.  He wouldn't let me touch his ear at all and shrieked at me over and over. We headed to the doctor where we were told it was just a bad case of swimmer's ear.  It is really hard to stay away from water when you are in this family.  That's all I can say about that.  Oh and those drops?  You would think I was putting needles in his ear.  Uncool!

5.  This picture



I took this picture on one of my evening walks with my mom.  Aren't they the sweetest donkeys ever?  Yes they are.

All linked up with Andrea










4 comments:

  1. I hope you and your little man both feel better. Happy weekend to you and the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booo to swimmer's ear for your little guy and "the changes for you!! Glad you're on the upswing now though! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I had to put drops in Keef's ear one time, and he shrieked like I was putting needles in them too. I can't imagine how my kids will handle it if a grown man freaked out!
    And perimenopause? Really? wtf? I have too much to worry about right now, and you throw this curve ball at me, Manda?! Now your little RC Cola friend thinks she has it too...great... lol

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!