Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tested, Tasted, Totally Delicious: Salsa Verde Chicken

New theme!  You'll be seeing this blog title a lot as I try new recipes from all around the neighborhood.  Yummy!

When I look for recipes I generally look for the following:

                                                                    Few ingredients

Simplicity of cooking
Little time involved


I do not think I am alone in those three things I prefer in a dish!


A few weeks ago I spent some time on Pinterest (prior to realizing I would be without regular employment) trying to get some ideas for yummy meals that took little to no time (i.e. crock pot).

I think there may be a bazillion recipes for the crock pot out there.  Some sound delicious, some sound redundant, and a select few sound delicious.

My favorite search is five ingredient recipes.  I love simplicity!  I hope to have many five ingredient recipes to share with you in the coming weeks.

My first Pinterest trial to share with you is this pin:

Only 3 ingredients and less than 3 minutes to throw into a crock pot. Now THAT'S my kind of dinner! #crockpot #recipe #chicken


All you need is chicken breast, a jar of green salsa or salsa verde, and some Monterrey Jack cheese.  Seriously...


Spray your crock pot
Put in your thawed chicken
Evenly cover with the salsa verde (I used Goya)
Cook for 2 hours on high
30 minutes before the 2 hours were up I evenly placed the shredded cheese on the salsa

I served this with white rice! Babies, this was delicious.

You must try!



The Hump Day Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. I agree! If I start reading a recipe with a bunch of strange ingredients- I'm out.
    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You speak the truth! Thank you for coming by Krissy!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!