Wednesday, July 22, 2015

What's Up Wednesday




What we're eating this week:

See Tasty Tuesday's post :)

What I'm reminiscing about:

Not a thing!  I'm just living in the moment and enjoying and learning all I can.

What I'm loving:

The fact the pool is back in commission!  My mother has a pool and that's the best deal ever!  Last week the pool was closed due to an algae issue.  Luckily, she got it all cleared and cleaned up so we're back to being in the pool this week.  Trust me on how awesome that is....90's all week + wicked humidity = necessary water time!
Lots of river time too.  We really love playing in the river...yes, we are water people!

What we've been up to:

Trying to adjust to the husband's work schedule (still)...a little impromptu camping trip....lots of weekend river time...baking zucchini bread once a week....watching movies (only kid movies, my mind is mush lol)....yep that's it!

What I'm dreading:


Image result for pumpkin spice tampons
This made me laugh so hard.

The fact that the end of summer will be smeared all over everything for the next 8 weeks.  We have 8 weeks (at least) to go, chill out Mr. Retailers and Pumpkin Spice Everything people (though I do love a good pumpkin spice anything...)

Also dreading an upcoming physical.  That's for a whole other post though!

What I'm working on:



Getting back in gear physically/health wise.  I kind of um...threw all healthy eating and exercise to the wind in June and now I'm hating myself for it.  So I'm working on getting back into the routine of eating cleaner again, burning more calories (and I'm succeeding), and just making better choices.  
I'm also working on my parenting skills.  My daughter is a tough cookie and I need more assistance in handling her better.  On Monday I posted a goal for the week to help....hope it is a great resource.
I'm also working on my Alzheimer's Awareness & Advocacy Walk Team!  Please consider joining Ruth's Hope (Winston-Salem area) by walking or donating.  I will have more posts up in the coming weeks.  

What I'm excited about:

The fact it is still summer :)

What I'm Watching/Reading:

New favorite show! Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Watching:  Real Housewives of OC & Odd Mom Out....you should check out Odd Mom Out!  It is hilarious.  The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix) I am totally in love with that show.  Tina Fey's brain child, need I say more?
Reading:  I wasted a lot of time reading Mermaids in Paradise - terrible book, but that is my own opinion.  Moving on to Making Nice.

What I'm listening to:

Mainly country right now.  I like that recently released Kenny Chesney song - and for me that's odd because I'm not a KC fan.  I also like the new Jana Kramer song, I Got The Boy.  

What I'm wearing:

Haha well tank tops and random shorts....high fashion I tell you!  I do enjoy putting on "real clothes" for date nights and sometimes random Chic Fil A trips (bahahahahhahahaha).

What I'm doing this weekend:



Right now it looks like a date night with my hubby!  It could be a double date night but I'm not sure yet.  I'm hoping for a trip to eat on LKN at our favorite spot.  Also, admitting we haven't been to church since summer began and that is terrible.  We've spent our weekends on the go.  So maybe we'll get back to worship this weekend.  That would be great!

What I'm looking forward to next month:

Vacation :)
And maybe the return to a routine only the school year can bring....shhhh don't tell.

What else is new:

Not much, pretty boring, but I'll take it!









2 comments:

  1. I love making zucchini bread! You should post some recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness grief! Lots going on there, Brownie!
    Did you read the entire book, Mermaids in Paradise, or did you stop when you realized you hated it? I used to painstakingly read the entire book (pre-kids) but now, my time is valuable, and when I start hating a book, out it goes! Right now I'm reading "Always Watching" by Chevy Stevens for my book club.
    I started watching Odd Mom Out, and its funny, but the main character is so...I dunno, I can't put my finger on it. I'm not in love with her character, but I feel like I connect with her. Maybe that tells me that i'm a bit of a loser, lol...
    OMG, pumpkin spice tampax, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!