Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Around the Home (Yes, its been a while!)

Realizing I haven't done a post like this in over a month!  Oops!

What can I say?

Well we sowed the yard in April.
We had beautiful grass.
It failed to rain the month of June.
And now we have....


Death.

Inside the house I am over the tile floor.
I could very much have a big hissy fit about the person who did our tile work but I've decided to just say this....
If you are local and entertaining any work please email me a list of possible handy men you are interested in enlisting.  If that fool's name is on your list I will be sure to tell you.
I can give you the initials KF.  <wink>

Our tile will have to be done all over again...

This is sad because our cabinets are on top of the tile.  Yes, that means we would be without a kitchen.  Yes, that means I could not mentally or emotionally or any -ally handle it.  So hopefully the tile will not kill us before the kids are oh I don't know....17?

Remember our Family Room?

A Brownie World: Around the Home Rennovation Valspar Mountpelier Ashlar Gray paint, Target rug, flooring from Lowes Tavern Oak.

Well a few months back I donated the furniture to Goodwill.  The room is now an area rug, Lego's, and other assorted toys and books.  The kids used it for Netflix viewing (currently of any Disney Christmas movie).  I'm itching to get some furniture in there.

The other day on Zulily I spotted some adorable futons that would work in that room.  I'm thinking a futon is perfect for a room the kids hang out in.  They could have movie nights and fall asleep on the futon and not worry about going to their beds.  

English Garden Futon Mattress & White Monterey Storage Frame
Via zulily.com
Of course this one is sold out.  Yes, I'm aware white fabric and small children are a major no-no.  We shall continue on on our search!

I love our living room.  I have no reports on it other than I have yet to find a window treatment I like.  The struggle is real in the curtain world.  I also need to think about purchasing another lamp for that room.  Are you guys like me?  Do you prefer lamp light over ceiling light at night?  

I will share that I love to buy lamps at Dollar General?  Not kidding.  They have some adorable lighting solutions for $12.  I like that price tag.


The kitchen, despite the floor, is one of my favorite rooms of the house. I can tell you this is because I spend 90% of my time in this room.  It seems to be the place for all my activities; cooking, cleaning, blogging, reading, etc.



A few months ago my husband and I purchased this adorable little produce rack....I love it.  The porcelain egg containers came from A.B. Seed in Colfax, NC.

The room that I fight with is the laundry room.  I can organize that bad boy and two weeks later it looks like a war was waged in it.  I have found that since I consign my children's clothing in the seasons sales; I am unable to throw away any clothing hanger.  I feel like it is my duty to hoard them so I have enough for the next go around.  Am I alone?

The master bedroom is still a work in progress.  I'm not happy with some colors in there.  Mainly the colors I speak of is my bedspread.  I love thin quilts and have had two of the same type from Stein Mart.  Right now I hate the way my bedspread just blends into the wall color.  I would like to go pick up a creme, gold, or silver toned quilt for the bed.  

Quilt - Full/Queen, 25-55608004, The quilt goes contemporary in the chic River Rock pattern, with a stitch pattern that recreates the look of polished stones. It's a beautiful addition to any bedroom in a silk-look fabric. River Rock, Main View, ENHZ Main View ENHZ
Via

What can I say about the children's rooms?  Nothing.  I really just refer to them as "those rooms upstairs" --- my daughter's is a Barbie nightmare and my son's is bland because he just wants to hang out with us.  I have a feeling in a few years I'll be all about decorating those little rooms but until then I'm not too worried over them!

Are you working on any decorating or other projects in and around your home?  If so, share!











2 comments:

  1. What a tile nightmare. That's frustrating :( Futons are the perfect idea for a kids hangout room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeekkk that totally stinks about the tile! Loving your ideas though. And $12 for lights?? LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!