Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thinking on Thursday (July 2)



Oh crap I overslept this morning.  Yes, it is summer and I don't really have anything to do or be to bring home any bacon.... HOWEVER....I did tell my kid I would make chocolate muffins for breakfast before we leave out so she can catch the camp bus.  AND my husband is basically pulling a swing shift and only getting about 5 hours of sleep today.  MEANING that I had planned to wake up refreshed with muffins hot and ready for the kids.  I would drive to the bus stop and then go to the pool with the small fry.  We would paint pictures and then jump in the water.  Yeah...no. So instead its McDonald's drive thru (I noticed I like their coffee better than DD today).

Did I mention it is raining?

Yeah the pool isn't covered or indoors.  Scratch the painting and pool time with the little mister. My back up plan?  Water colors, play doh, and a Walmart trip to get new car seats.

Oh The Humanity! 15 Insane Vintage Car Seats for Kids (Photos)

Let's talk about that, shall we?  Yes, car seats have a shelf life.  They say its for the foam in them.  I say its for the material they are made out of.  The fabric part is what I am specifically speaking of.  Ewww they are nasty!  I spent thirty minutes scrubbing one last night.  THIRTY-MINUTES-SCRUBBING-A-CAR-SEAT-CUSHION.  Yeah, its clean now but really....thirty minutes, I said. The other car seat is great but my guy has outgrown it.  I'm cleaning it up and putting in on the local yard sale Facebook page.  Do you guys have those?  They are such hit or miss sites.  I've had pretty good luck when I post (which is like twice a year).  However, I see where people get stood up on the constant and I couldn't deal with that.  So yeah I'm selling an Evenflo car seat that I bought brand new for $90 at Babies R Us for $30....are you interested?

Obviously not my place but ya know had to throw this up here (partycity.com)

If you travel my highway (yes no pretty little lane or drive here....just straight up highway) you will see that our house got a July 4th make over.  Here's the deal, we went to Dollar Tree yesterday and my 2 year old is mesmerized by all the red, white, and blue decor.  He picks up these foil buntings and I'm like hey that's cute.  Then I think, "we should totally have a cookout"....then I buy them.  I also bought a bow (which I should have bought more of and less of the bunting).  Last we picked up a star decoration.  I look at my toddler and say, I guess we're going to decorate.  He loved it.  After it was done I was like - holy hell either we look like we are having a birthday party for America OR we look like we ripped off the trailer park's happy.  I don't know but I do know my kids like it and really isn't that all that matters?  Tell me yes.



You guys like Jennifer Weiner?  I'm not sure I'm all into her.  I read one book and it was okay but I picked up her first book ever and I'm like, will I ever get through this book?  



Remember how I put up a wishlist like two months ago about things I wanted.  Remember a kayak being on there?  It would have came in hand this weekend.  An invite to kayak and no kayak.  Me a sad mama.  Remember how I put a bike on there and I got a bike?  Yeah, its been in the "shop" for two weeks.  Ok I'm getting depressed.

My dad and husband are shooting off fireworks this weekend.  That means the fireworks will either be total duds or someone will get hurt.  Just saying.

I think I have GMO belly.  I normally eat really clean and fresh but lately I've ate like a 19 year old.  Talk about some irritable bowel syndrome (fart, pain, please let me vomit) I must go back to eating like an abnormal human being STAT.

Seriously! Nightshift problems!

The husband starts another new shift next week.  I feel like I'm on some crash course to see how great I can do with being the only parent around when the kids are awake.  Single moms have my utmost respect....wait the single moms that actually parent and aren't sticking them with anyone who will take them.

Crap, I would like some childfree time....who wants them?  For maybe three hours?

Just kidding....maybe not.

Orange Is the New Black Season 2 photo quotes and trailer video

Oh and I'm finally getting into OITNB for this season.  Crazy Eyes Suzanne....she makes that show.  Tasty, too.  Getting to know Norma's story.....cray cray hippies!

Happy birthday, America.  Can we please have cake for your birthday?







1 comment:

  1. I usually like Jennifer Weiner. I liked the last book I read by her, We All Fall Down (I think that was the name of it!). If I wasn't so lazy, I'd double check that for ya, but here's a hint: it has a roller coaster scene on the front of the book. I'm a bookworm, too! Right now I'm reading The Fixer. Happy 4th! I hope your dad and husband don't do too much damage with the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!