Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekending: October 4 & 5

It is so easy to fall in love with autumn.

Saturday morning my main squeeze had to work.  I took advantage of being a guest to the local YMCA with my mom and kids.  I used to be a work out buff....seriously I was at the gym almost every day doing all the classes and being all healthified in the weight room.  Then it just so happened that I couldn't afford the YMCA's rates anymore and I had to cancel my membership.

That's sad.


Sunday I was hurting and look how sad that weight is.


Now, I'm so out of shape.

First things first....a thirty minute Body Pump class.  I was the girl in the back with the itty bitty baby weights on her bar.  But I had fun and I admit, I kind of missed working out regularly.

Decision made:  I'm upping my running game this week....its free.

Post YMCA time we all (my mom, my kids, myself) took off to Sam's Club.  I needed three things:
1.  Diapers
2.  Coffee
3.  Snacks for the first grader to take to school


I purchased:
1.  Diapers
2.  Coffee
3.  Snacks for the first grader to take to school
4.  Some adult beverages
5.  Two outfits for the cooler weather for my children.
6.  Breakfast food for school days.

MOM I WANT ONE!  Mom hates stuffed animals.


Okie dokie....it was still the cheapest Sam's trip I've ever had.  While we were there we also enjoyed looked at Christmas crap.  I saw crap because I'm not ready for Christmas.  Can we seriously just do the fall thing for a little while?  Ugh....

Decision made:  I'm old.  I used to love seeing Christmas stuff in the fall now I hate it.

That tea...


Next stop...Chic Fil A.  The fries were crispy!



The afternoon brought a trip to Boone.  We went to the New River Corn Maze where it felt about 10 degrees.  After thirty minutes of walking through the pumpkin patch, trying to stay warm, and dealing with a prima donna not even close to being a teenager but has a teenager attitude seven year old we loaded up and went to Boone.

Oops it was football Saturday at ASU.

Oops traffic was beastly.

So no Macados for us.  No Daniel Boone Inn for us.  No nothing for us in Boone, Blowing Rock, Lenoir or Granite Falls.  Yes, that's right we took a 321 tour de North Carolina and went to Hickory for some Tripps.

We laughed...a lot.


 Did you know my man candy Eric Church is from Granite Falls?  Reason enough to drive around there.

After a great dinner we returned to my mom's house and began cleaning up and organizing.  We got our room, my bedroom for three years growing up, in order so we could stand it.  The kids played a keyboard and sang Christmas songs (see the Sam's Club visit at the top).

The husband had a very fun time cleaning out our room!
Sunday we enjoyed a cool morning walk and then headed to the Dixie Classic Fair in Winston-Salem, NC  We don't go every year because fairs are expensive but we did enjoy it this year.  Little Man was overwhelmed with everything while Diva was wanting to do everything!

My favorite chicken is the Australorp....here's a rooster version.  So pretty.  So sweet.


Little Man's loves...tractors, cows, chickens, trucks and daddy.



So I don't always do a weekend recap post but when you have an awesome weekend....well its worth remembering!  

I hope your weekend was great too!


2 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought of when I saw her holding that huge pink unicorn was "IT'S SO FLUFFY!" from Despicable Me! (Can you tell I've watched that movie a gazillion times lately?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! But yeah...attempting ANYTHING in Boone on gameday is a biiiiiiiiiig nono (fun fact: that's where I went to school! ha)! But reading this made me want Macados IMMEDIATELY. Oh, man.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!