Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The BIG Move: Week 5


I don't have much news on the house this week.  

A bit of a bummer but this is how it goes.


On Thursday the moving company will come out and remove the steel beams.  The house will then be on it's new foundation.  That is exciting.



When the house is on its new foundation the construction company will be able to tell what, if any, new needs there are.  A very big plus is that some of the problems that occurred from moving it may be alleviated when it sits on the new foundation.  

In the coming weeks a few rooms will have the flooring gutted.  I'll be picking out new flooring soon.  That sounds exciting and is (I do love design) but it is also overwhelming.  Just last year we remodeled and it feels like we're just rolling in reverse.

Hopefully Mr. Turkey will bring me into my new house for his big day but I'm thinking....

My prayer is that we will be in our house for Christmas.  That would be just fabulous!  However, I know how construction works and we'll take what we can get.

As always I remember that things could be so much worse than they are.

Through this whole process I am continually remembering that we are so blessed.

Until next time...check ya later!





1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I could never be patient enough for any kind of house construction. I'm all "lets do this and let's do it now!" Your attitude towards it is great! And fingers crossed you're in your new home by Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!