Monday, October 20, 2014

Ideas: Living Room

Man, this is deja vou.

I swear I was just down this road and now...here we go again.  Eventually, we'll get to move back in our home and when that day comes I want to be ready.  But before we move in and after the workers are finished I will have to paint and design and all that fun and head ache inducing stuff.  I'm starting a new weekly post about ideas.  Share yours, give me your feedback, this can be fun.

Pinterest is a great site.  I think we all know that by now.  If you haven't signed onto the Pinterest bandwagon then c'mon and get with it.  The first go around I did a lot of research via the popular website and this time I plan to do it again. 

~*~

Last year we painted our living room a gorgeous shade of silvery blue.  I loved it....seriously.  This year we are having to have new flooring installed.  I haven't really picked out the flooring we'll have so I'm looking at the offerings.

We are doing laminate this time around.  The house had its original heart pine floors when we moved in and we kept that.  Unfortunately, the little disaster ruined flooring so we're looking for durability and longevity and cost effectiveness for our flooring.

A stigma was attached to laminate for a long time.  Over the years the flooring material mechanical brainiacs have made laminate quite the product for flooring ventures.  We feel confidant using laminate for our newly reconstructed house!

I have a few requirements for our home.  

Our flooring needs to be dark but not so dark it closes us in.  When you start choosing colors for floors, walls, and ceilings it is so important to take into account the size of the room.  Small rooms are going to be even smaller once you use too many dark color options.  

*Also when you look at an empty you you can easily be persuaded a room is big.  Once you put a couple pieces of furniture in you will see your room shrink.  Once you add dark colors you're looking at a closet!  It is all about balance!*

love the look of this laminate flooring! can't wait to get our house done soon!!!

How do you like this?  It seems as though this is a very popular flooring.  I do like it.  It has classic elements.  It also has a good color texture to hide imperfections that happen when you have heavy traffic, kids, and animals.

Cheap Laminate Flooring Can Do The Trick For Your House

I love gray.  This finish is up my alley.  I like the smokey color and that its not an overdone floor.  I guess being different is just part of my whole self hehe.  This finish is about as light as I would want to go with the floor.  I also feel gray is a fabulous neutral and plays well with most if not all colors giving me loads of room to play with wall colors and fabrics.

Shaw Baldwin Park Laminate Flooring at Menards

Classic.  That is all I can say about this floor.  I bet some of you saw this and thought, "hey that's my floor" or "so and so has that floor".....exactly!  Its beautiful.

I would love to get rid of the carpeting in my house and replace it with this flooring! 

A little more gray option here.  I like this since its more of a mix of brown and gray.

Fairview Pecan Laminate Flooring at Lowes.com

This is my nostalgia choice.  This floor is the closest to what we ripped out a couple weeks ago.  I love this antique feeling this flooring gives off.  It is also extremely versatile.  

Choices choices.

~*~

What is your flooring like?  What do you like?  I love to hear from you!

Follow Amanda's board Floors to Walls on Pinterest.



6 comments:

  1. I think laminate is a really great way to go! They've come such a long way that often you can't even TELL it's laminate--we had them in our first apartment when we got married and everyone always complimented us on our gorgeous hardwood floors (teeheehee).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laminate has really came a LONG way! The options are endless it seems and the durability is amazing. I guess I've blown my cover for when we have folks over though, huh? LoL!

      Delete
  2. I vote for number 1. They will all look nice but that would be my pick. Can't wait to hear which one you decide on. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well stay tuned we are a few weeks out from getting the flooring and laying it! Thanks for reading sweetie!!! Thanks for commenting too! I love some comments!

      Delete
  3. Our last house had laminate. Most people didn't even realize it wasn't real wood. In our current house (which we had built), we decided to go with hardwood. Although it's beautiful, we have sooo many scratches and dents in it from our yellow lab and 2 kids. Laminate is definitely a great way to go. I really like the look of that gray finish. Have you seen that laminate that looks like tile? That's pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had heart pine flooring - true hardwood floors - prior to this event. Can I tell you you are so on target! They do scratch a little too easy for my liking! But if you flip that coin those marks are what we call character too! I love the laminate that looks like tile. Do you realize how much money that could have saved me about a year ago? LOL!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!