Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ideas: Entry Room

One room in our home that will serve new purposes is what used to be our play room.

The room originally sat on the front side of the house and now has been turned to face the back.  This room will go from being the cartoon mecca slash toy storage room to being a main entry way for us when we arrive home daily.

How it looked before....

Now there is no covered fire place or floor and the wall you cannot see is a bit larger.  Where the fire place is in this picture is a new door (cut out).

Since this won't be the play room that much anymore I want to give it a fun but really simple feel.  Here are some things I'd like to incorporate into this room when its time to start working...

rustic & contemporary  Under The Table and Dreaming: Utilizing Unused Living Room Space to Create a Child Friendly Area...Ikea expedit, baskets and love the buck silhouette

Some people need this friendly reminder! Please Lose Your Shoes Real Wood Custom Sign by FussyMussyDesigns

neutral colours - grey, white, black and wood, with a tiny pop of colour #glasschuhloves



Very simple sitting room - but I love it! Shabby chic Christmas. I would love for my house to look like this... And my floors to look like this


Lots of ideas to try to meld together huh?

See ya later!

Find all these ideas on my Pinterest board!
Follow Amanda's board Floors to Walls on Pinterest.



2 comments:

  1. I love simple and beautiful! Great ideas love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very much into the less is more idea! Simplicity and neutrals...there's my disclaimer!!!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!