Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thankful Thursday

This week's moment of thankfulness - publicly shared!

I am so thankful for:



Modern medicine which allowed for my daughter's tonsils to return to their normal size!  When I did call a nurse and they suggested she go to the emergency room I panicked.  There is nothing more unnerving than realizing your child is sick and you cannot do a thing (but drive them to the ER!)

Doctors and nurses with excellent bedside manner.  I volunteered in a trauma center years ago.  I remember eye rolls and head shakes when people would use the ER as a regular doctor's office.  The whole time I drove to the ER on Tuesday night I wondered if I would be the subject of eye rolls and head shakes.  Was I doing the right thing?  The nurse on the phone did say she needed to be seen immediately.  We received respect, courtesy and great care from a nurse that was so good hearted and a doctor that many others should pattern themselves after.



Innocence.  I worked in a first grade classroom this week.  First grade is such a fun age.  They aren't quite big kids but they aren't babies anymore.  I really enjoyed watching these kids interact and hearing all the funny and crazy stuff they had to share.



Dog grooming.  Is this silly to be thankful for?  I do not think so!  Chippy had her bath and nails done this week.  I'm so glad there are people that can do a good job at bathing my beagle/pug baby!  She always smells so good and is so happy after a good day at the spa.

October.  It offers up all fall is about if you ask me.  Leaves changing, pumpkin patches, fairs, cider, cooler temps (maybe).  It is also the month of my husband's birthday and my best college buddy's too!



Putting my pride to the side.  This week I really had to suck up what little pride I have left and accept some help.  This has been really tough.  I'll be blogging more about it later.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!