Friday, October 10, 2014

My Favorites This Week!

1.  TMI...

I found my husband the perfect birthday card this week.  You must know I hate buying cards.  Seriously guys!  I think its stupid to spend $5 on a piece of card stock that eventually finds its way to file 13.  $5 could be a few coffees at DD.  $5 could be lunch.  $5 could be decorations at Dollar Tree.

Anyhoo, I was at Food Lion getting a cake and thought I guess I'll get a card.

Ok here's the TMI part.  I always tell my husband my butt itches.  I have dry skin patches and my bum is included in that.  So it is nothing new for me to be like "Ughh my butt itches!"

Check this card....




Can I tell you that my Diva spotted it before I did and said, "Mom YOU HAVE TO GET THIS CARD!"


2.  Work

I haven't found a job but I have got a job.  Does that make any sense?  I'm happy!!!  Cleaning houses is the winner.  I've done it on and off for years but it is something I really enjoy doing because I really like to clean.


3.  

On Tuesday we went to Milner Brothers in Clemmons.  That was our first trip and will not be our last.  The food and atmosphere =  amazing and exactly what I look for in a food gem.  
I had The Brad.  It is a salad with fried chicken and pulled pork...the salad is an amazing mix of fresh greens, spinach and so much more.  The dressing was out of this world.  It was so big that I enjoyed half that night and half for lunch the next day.
The birthday boy had the special that night which was a steak in a ragu alongside fried oysters and with a bed of garlic mashed potatoes.  I just enjoyed sampling an oyster, which was heaven!  He said everything was delicious on his plate.
Oh and our service....fantastic! 
Everything was awesome about this place and I cannot wait to return soon!

4.  

I've been back to wearing my bracelets.  This was my favorite grouping this week clears and silvers....so pretty if you ask me.  When I sub the little kids adore them.

5.  Blog Conversations

I had a fun email conversation this week with a cool chick out of the Raleighwood area.  I love blogging so much and all the connections I am granted through it.  You guys should all go check out Joey's Blog!



Today I am apart of :
Momfessionals


2 comments:

  1. I agree-birthday cards or cards in general are a little over rated!!! Love your bracelets! Sounds like you might be from N.C. I also live in N.C....small world!
    Would love for you to visit my blog
    www.lifeinbucklesberry.blogspot.com
    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh! Here's some TMI right back at you--I could totally relate to that card, too! I have a scar on my tush that just itches like heck some days. When my dermatologist asked if it ever itched, I was like, NO...because I didn't want to admit to it. Ha! Guess I need to take that card to my next appointment. :-)

    Thanks for the chuckles!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!