Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Halloween Month = Turkeys & Layaway!

And my brain is racing around Thanksgiving and Christmas....

Halloween Humor and Funnies

Seriously.  Why does this time of year have to fly by?  I guess because we allow it to by doing stupid things like fast forwarding ahead to thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas.

So here's the deal blog friends.

My favorite holiday on earth is Thanksgiving.  I love it because there is no stress when it comes to Turkey Day for us.  The four of us load up in the car and take it to Boone, NC for the day.  We eat a big meal, do a little shopping, then go to Greene Tree Farm and get our Christmas Tree.  It is a special day to me because we enjoy each other to the fullest.  On the way home we always stop by one of my husband's old friends and visit with his family.  Its the simplest of holidays and I just adore it.  Its true!  I cannot say that enough!

A million years ago during Thanksgiving...2011 really.


This year we'll be lucky to be back in our home by Turkey Day.  I keep thinking positive - Yes Brownie!  You will be in by then and you will be able to get your tree and eat pumpkin pie on your couch!

Then my husband says, "I think it will be more like Christmas when we're in."

Insert pin into balloon.

Brilliant...The Negativity Committee inside your head.

I should just shut up.  Keep my positive thoughts to myself and pray for the best but brace for not being in until Valentine's Day huh?  

At least I can keep some humor in the situation.

It wouldn't be fair to mention Thanksgiving and leave any Christmas thoughts out.  I mean, duh guys we cannot give Thanksgiving its own anything because Christmas is the mean big brother that steals the spotlight (i.e. start your Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving at 6PM....that's pretty much screwing the turkey dinner and shaking up the cranberry sauce....)

Part of this stems from my precious seven year old who two weeks ago started talking about Santa Claus (so glad she still believes) and presents.  Way to go Brownie on instilling the true meaning into your kids...

Santa worships the new born King

The other part stems from pulling toys out of the mud last week before the house was moved.  A hearth fell out and out came a stash of toys.  Part of me is like whoop whoop and the other is thinking dammit smalls.

Let's be honest, this year we don't have the money for a big fat Christmas.  So I started thinking about gifting and decided that this would be the year of the handmade goodness.  For the family members who are like little kids that means that you aren't going to get something of mass grandeur but something you can actually use that Pinterest or Amy G. helped inspire me to do.

fun little gift - perfect little congrats gift on little accomplishments or just to tell someone they rock!
I think I have just enough creative juices to pull this off....


Of course I cannot really make a train or Barbie because I do not have the Chinese infrastructure for that.  So I'm going to do one better.  I'm going to take advantage of the Walmart Layaway program.  The kids are only getting three things this year.  If I lay that crap away I can make payments on it until its good to go.


Back when I was growing up my mom took advantage of the layaway program for all special occasions.  Then the program went away.  Thanks to the economy tanking the savvy business dudes realized the need for layaway still existed.  

Here's the skinny on Walmart Layaway.  Happy shopping!

Layaway
Click here for all the details




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!