Thursday, October 16, 2014

The BIG Move: Week 6 1/2

Over the weekend I listened to my husband.  
He said he didn't see us moving in our home until after Christmas.  
I posted that.

Haven't I learned not to pay him any attention yet?  
I mean seriously!  
He never listens to me (trust me we all know this) so why the crap am I listening to him? 

Oh, hi dear.  I know you're reading this.

Well I am so happy to announce that we may perhaps be in BEFORE the holiday season if not a little after it starts.  I want to stress the word MAY in the above sentence.

I also need clarification that the holiday season has NOT already started since um...Lowes has Christmas trees out.

Look at this progress from the first of the week!


Our living room now has a sub-floor!  The fireplace is gone and I'm hoping the door will be moved to its spot.  


The "play room" is now undergoing a major change in function.  The fireplace is gone and there will be a door where it was.  I'm very excited about this room.  Check that sub-floor!

A lot of work has been completed.  This is so exciting for us!

Such a mess.  But I can so handle this, right?
Ok so this is a fun story....this is my favorite pocketbook ever.  I thought I had lost it.  While cleaning out the stuff in our house I found it!  I was so excited you just don't know.  I have had that pocketbook for six years!  Ok moving along...

What a mess!!!

Wednesday morning was crap.  I decided to go to the house and do some cleaning (as in going through stuff and sorting). 

It paid off!!!

Four bags of trash and six donation boxes later....

~*~

Now we're awaiting HVAC quotes.

Plumbing should begin over the upcoming weekend and we're also ripping a chimney out.  To be honest I thought they were all removed last fall but guess what was hidden in the dead center of our home!  

I tell ya its crazy, guys!

If you're still praying for us then I thank you so much!  We need the prayers to continue being chin up and positive.  

We all have our days.  

There's a big mountain of negativity waiting to crumble on us but we're trying really hard to keep strong and smiling.  





2 comments:

  1. OMG! Yay for prayers working (is there any better feeling than seeing God in certain situations? It seriously gives me chills). I'm so happy that they've mad so much progress and that there's a chance you'll get to be home before the holidays!!! I'll keep praying!!! (also? SCORE on the bag! Every time we move I swear I find stuff I thought I'd lost)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be in by Christmas! I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!