Sunday, October 12, 2014

Saturday Fun: PetSmart

I try to keep the kids occupied on Saturdays by getting away from the house.  This weekend I decided we would go pick up a baby gift and see if we could get some inspiration at Michael's Craft Store.

Let me tell you... I was all ready to get my craft on.  I had all these grand ideas of little gifts to make for teachers and friends.

Then I started looking at prices and how crappy my coupon was.

We left.

We aimlessly walked around Five Below and Target just to see what was on the racks and shelves. 

 Halloween aisles were the kids' favorite this time.  A few things floated across my mind....
1.  I wish I had a house to decorate!
2.  I wish I had a bajillion dollars!

Onward ho.

After an eventful lunch (that's a whole other blog post) we went to PetSmart.

I knew this would be a hit since I needed to get dog food AND had my kids with me.  See, my children love animals.  My kids really like dogs.  They get it from their mama.

As soon as we pulled in there were about ten dogs out front, up for adoption, begging me to take them home, from a local charity.

"Mommy can we go see them!  Please!"  My Diva said over and over.

We briefly took a gander at the dogs.  They were mainly mutts but they were cute as could be and you could tell super spoiled by their foster families.

Once we entered the doors of PetSmart we were greeted by not one but two of my most favorite dog breed ever....German Shepherds.  Are those not the most beautiful dogs?  Seriously, they are just so handsome.  Of course I drooled a bit over both of them.  Get it... I drooled?  Okie dokie... moving on.

PetSmart!

This weekend PetSmart had a great sale going on if you're into Halloween goodies for your doggy.  The truth is the stuff they have out for Halloween could be used all year round because a lot of it is very generic in the way it looks!  

I fell in love with a crackle owl.  I should have taken a picture of it but I'm ADHD when it comes to dogs and dog stuff.  A phone was the last thing on my brain.

Treats are on sale right now too!  I took advantage and bought Chippy (and Minnie, my mom's dog) a bag of Pumpkin Spice Munchie Crunchies by Authority.  

I so know you are going - THEY MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE FOR DOGS TOO?  Yes, they do.  Hey it smells great why wouldn't your four legged baby want to get in on the goodness?

I prefer Iams wet food for my dog.  She prefers it too.  This weekend I got a case at a discounted rate!  Being a member of the Pet Perks Club is so rewarding.

KONG | Dogs Need to Play

My favorite brand of dog toy and training product is Kong.  This stuff is awesome and lasts forever and ten days.  This weekend they had all Kong toys on sale BOGO!  I love the treat toy.  I put peanut butter, or now, my Authority Pumpkin Spice Munchie Crunchies inside and Chippy has a good time playing and getting her treat out.

The best part about Kong is they remember the huge breeds!  Seriously, you should see the KONG they have for Great Dane's and other big guys.  That thing is the size of my head.  No wait my brother's head he has the biggest squash on the planet, that thing is massive.

Prior to our house issues I had been planning out Halloween for our family.  I really wanted to dress my Chippy up in something funny.  Unfortunately, I had to change plans on that for now.  If I could still stick to it I found the perfect outfit at my local PetSmart....


Ms. Piggy!!!!


Take care of your four leggeds this fall!  Keep them safe and give them lots of love and hurry up and get to PetSmart to take advantage of this great sale!  

Fall evenings are better with a pullover from Martha Stewart Pets®  - PetSmart $15.99-17.59
Chippy is so getting this...eventually!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!