Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Favorites! My Five

Momfessionals



I have five favorites I pulled together from things that occurred and I made and read this week!  Enjoy and I cannot wait to read yours as well!




I cried as I read it.  I've never been a homo-phobe or felt like gays and lesbians were below me because in my heart of hearts I know God doesn't make mistakes and there's a reason for everything.  When I read this post and the love this dad has for his babies I was overwhelmed.


2.  These cookies!



I made them Monday.  We had an especially fall grey day and they were the perfect dessert to go with Sausage & Potato Chowder!

3.  October








I may be a summer lover but there is no month prettier than October in NC!  I do love fall and I do miss summer and I do hate winter and I do love October.  Even though September had some super sucky parts I'm going to be thankful for all I have and all my blessings and make October wonderful no matter what the circumstances are!



4.  This kid.



My Diva has had a rough week.  Tuesday night we landed in the new ER in our little county.  I wish it was closer to the center of the county.  Oh well....  She received the best care by an awesome nurse and fabulous doctor.  I hate it when my kids are sick because I feel so helpless but I'm so thankful for the medical professionals who can make it all better!


5.  This chair.






I love my hairdresser.  She's so funny and she can really have me laughing as soon as I walk in the shop.  She's been so good to me too.  When I lost my job she cut my hair no charge.  When she did my color for the end of summer she didn't want to take payment.  Now that I've hit an all new low she tried to get me to walk out without paying for the haircut I kept putting off.  (I won!  I put the money in her apron!)  When I sit down in that chair I feel tired and worn out and ugly.  When I get up to exit that chair I feel like a million bucks and ready to take on the world.  Thanks Lizz.....you are awesome.  Your skills cannot be beat!


13 comments:

  1. There is not a better feeling than after you get your haircut. Makes you feel like a whole new person! Those pumpkin spice cookies sound great!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! You should try them....for $1.87 you cannot go wrong!

      Delete
  2. Poor sick kiddo! It's the worst when they are sick, but like you, we have been blessed with wonderful care each time we've had to take our kids in. And it sounds like your hair dresser is a gem! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when the kids are sick. I really hate it when it warrants an ER visit and this was the first time! She is a gem!

      Delete
  3. What an amazing hairdresser! Have a lovely weekend and happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your sick child :(...I haven't tried that Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice yet, I have a friend that LOVES it...I'm gonna pick it up! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm pumpkin spice cookies!!!
    I'm sorry you had to go to the ER, but hope she's better today!!
    Have a great weekend, Brownie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am she returned to school on Friday and was so excited to be back! I hope your weekend is great too!

      Delete
  6. I find getting a haircut is so relaxing. Sometimes when she blow dries my hair I feel myself nodding off. Sounds like you have found a great person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could fall asleep in the shampoo chair!

      Delete
  7. Love your list this week! Sending hugs to your little girl! Hope she's feeling better! I hate that I can never get my hair to look as good as my hairdresser!! LOL Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!