Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The BIG Move: Week 9



How strange that our weeks coincide with the school calendar's grading period weeks.  
I just realized that.  
So here's the report card for the first 9 weeks.

House moved - A+
Foundation - B (still a lot to do to finish it)
Floor Removal - C (still a lot more to rip)   (note to self find out about that)
Heating & Air - Not completed as of this grading period
Plumbing - Not complete as of this grading period

It has been nine weeks since the mess happened.  That's hard to wrap your mind around.  

Or at least it is for me.  

After speaking to some people last night it looks like we're in for another 8-9 weeks before we can get in the house.  

That was kind of like knife to the gut feeling.  

My prayers have been for just four or five.  But I know, I know....what do I know?  I'm not in control blah blah blah....I am a human.




This is how it goes though when you're not able to pull from your stocks and bonds and Swiss bank account I guess <wink>...


Sadly enough, I don't have much to mention this week.  We hope for the plumbing and heating and air to be completed by November 9th.  After that we can focus in on electrical which will probably take a few days to complete. After electrical is complete we can do more evening work.  

I look forward to this as long as someone will watch the kids....I mean I could go all Duggar style and we could start teaching them really early so they become entrepreneurs like by the age of 18 but um...I am not St. Michelle ok?

 Dry wall will have to be put in where other walls had to be removed due to damage.  Then we'll see some flooring.

I really hope for sudden quickness so we can try to begin adjusting to being back at our own home.

I also want to thank you guys who emailed me in regards to yesterday's post.  The giggles you sent and email style hugs were so kind and thoughtful and much needed.  I appreciate it.  



2 comments:

  1. OH lady. This all is so frustrating and I hate it for you!! Prayers things pick up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frustrating indeed. Eeek. Thanks for the love Joey!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!