Thursday, June 16, 2016

Spring Bucket List Wrap Up 2016

Spring seems so five minutes ago or maybe five hours ago.  Isn't it weird that technically we are still in the season of spring - hello 95 degrees!

As we get ready to officially transition into summer I decided to go ahead and take a look at what exactly we did get accomplished over the course of spring 2016.  After reviewing the list I see that it was actually a lot more than I thought.



1 & 2 - Painting the kids' rooms - accomplished!  My husband actually did this without my help.  He painted the walls and ceilings of both rooms.  The guy is quite handy with a paint brush/roller.  Both rooms were painted the same color because my daughter fell in love with the beachy bright blue that we picked for our son's room.



3 - Another score!  The chicken coop was built and boy did it turn out great!  Another fabulous project by my handy hubby.  We are going to cut a few more ventilation window in the house but other than that it is ready to roost!

4 - Well... I bought seven chicks and within the first two weeks one died from a very excited three year old's jubilant hug.  That was a rough day.  We had sobs and tears for hours.  The other six flourished until a hot day when five died of heat stroke.  Then my dad sent my brother with two replacement pullets only for all three birds to become a tasty chicken dinner for either a raccoon, possum, or fox.  So yes I purchased chickens but no they aren't around.



6 & 7 - Grading work completed and now we are officially poor.  Our property looks amazing!  The grass has grown in quite well and we're very pleased with he outcome except for a few sink holes around the drainage area that the state of North Carolina says doesn't exist.  No comment.... It is looking great.







9 - I planted a romance garden on Mother's Day.  I know that sounds so seductive and French but really it is just a lot of perennials that her dusty pinks, purples, and whites.  My goal is that it will flourish over the next two years and the flowers will take over the garden.  Later in the month I planted some roses - suddenly I'm all about roses - after finding some that are 45 years old on the property!  I also planted daisies and hollyhocks.

So yes we completed 7/11 tasks we set out to do in the spring!  Perhaps if we had won the lottery more would have been completed but we are super happy with what we did accomplish!

Around the home for this summer I have a few goals....


I guess I'll be checking back in on this one in September.  Let's refrain from blinking so September isn't tomorrow, OK?

If you're wondering about our super fun summer bucket list you can catch it here.

Do you have any home goals for the summer?  I would love to hear all about them!

xo -
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!