Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Favorite Summer Salads


I am so excited to link up with the stunning Shelley and classy Kate today with their Spiel the Beans series.  Twice a month they host a themed link up and this week it is Favorite Summer Salads.

In case you weren't aware...I eat a lot of salads.  Here are the salads that have stolen my heart and inches away from my waistline!

Chick Fil A Grilled Market Salad Fresh Made - make at home, mixed greens, chicken, red & green apple, strawberries, blueberries, mixed nuts, berry balsamic dressing:

Number one is an on-the-go salad and comes straight from Chicfila!  The classic, grilled Market Salad is my go to meal at my favorite chicken spot.  This salad is fresh and so good with their juicy grilled chicken, fresh fruit, and crisp lettuce.  My go to dressing is the Avocado Ranch which is low in carbs and sugar!

New Spicy Southwest Salad Added to Chick-fil-A Menu Nationwide #chickfila:

Number two is also from Chicfila (I promise I am not from Georgia nor am I related to the CFA CEO!  But if I were...) this is the Southwest Chicken Salad and it is ahhhh-mazing!  There is a nice little heat that comes from this salad which separates it from Market Salad.  Plus, to make it all Southwest you have the addition of Mexican Corn, black beans, tortilla strips, and the seasoning that caters to your Tex-Mex-Food-Love!  I also have the avocado dressing with this salad.


McDonald's has something good going with their Bacon Chicken Ranch Salad.  When I had my first one I was in total shock at how delicious the salad was.  I was expecting limp lettuce and a weird color tomato but I got crisp and fresh.  When I order this salad I get the Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinagrette Dressing with it.  

Classic Cobb Salad for lunch. Grandma would order this and shrimp cocktail everywhere we went in Laguna.:

I am a sucker for a Cobb Salad.  A bed of lettuce and then all the meat (traditionally grilled chicken and bacon; sometimes steak!) and all the vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, now-days avocado, sometimes raw, fresh corn, green bell peppers if you are me) and finally all the additional protein (boiled eggs)...it is seriously a sugar free girl's heaven.  There is no set recipe for the perfect Cobb so you can create it however you wish.  To make it a cobb make sure you put everything in rows on a bed of lettuce.  And yes - it is a Southern thing.


I haven't had any of this amazing deliciousness since I gave up sugar and carbs.  This is one of my most favorite Southern foods - Southern Broccoli Salad.  It's sweet but tangy and goes so good with just about anything.  My most favorite broccoli salad can be found at Sixty-Six Pizzeria in Winston-Salem (shout out to home!).  They also rock the most amazing salad bar!

Another salad I love locally is in Historic Downtown Mocksville at Restaurant 101 - Their Buffalo Chicken Salad (grilled with ranch on the side) is pretty fabulous!  The produce is always super fresh and the chicken is juicy with a good kick to it.


But my most favorite local salad...that can never be eat, ever....goes to Milner Brother's  The Brad.
For a girl who isn't a fan of NC BBQ or fried chicken this dish has stolen my heart and stomach and taste buds and held them all hostage until I go back for more.


I just realized....I eat a lot of salad!  Loved sharing these with you today and I hope you'll be inspired the next time you're grabbing fast food or visiting a local favorite around the area!

xo - 
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!