Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Recipe Tuesday: Low Carb Chicken Salad

If you are able to eat regular, full meals this time of year then I don't know if you need this post in your life right now.

Today I'm sharing a simple, classic summer recipe that is basically a staple around here in the warm months.  We really do not eat it when it is cold out at all and looking back this is just a food I assimilate with summer time!

Chicken Salad is the dish in the spotlight.  My husband likes very basic chicken salad and he likes it at a fine consistency.  I prefer mine a little chunky with some sweet gerkin juice for flavor but that guy? Nope.

Today I'm sharing with you the way I make it for the hubby.

For step one you will need:

2 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
Garlic & Parsley Seasoning (The Hispanic Foods Aisle has the best garlic and parsley mix)
Salt and Pepper



In a dish place the chicken, sprinkle them generously with he garlic and parsley mix.  Then sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking.



Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes - unless you have thin cut chicken breasts.  Thin cut should only need about 20 minutes in the oven.

It is imperative that you check the chicken once the timer sounds.  Make sure it is cooked through.

Lazy girls this is where you utilize your food processor or Ninja if you want to make a very fine textured chicken salad like my husband likes.  If you like a coarser texture then use two forks to shred or cut the chicken into small pieces with a knife.

I use a Ninja for everything.  So I cut the chicken into quarters and place in the ninja with:

1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 onion chopped

This is also where I check my seasoning and see if I need to add anymore garlic and parsley mix or salt and pepper.

Time to pulse, cue the 80's music and be sure to look like you are convulsing as you pulse to the beat.

If you opted to shred or chop without the help of kitchen appliances (Amish cooking) then place the chicken in a large bowl with finely diced onion, 1/2 a cup of mayo, stir it up super well.

Make sure to taste test it to see what you need to add.



I like to eat chicken salad wrapped in Romaine or on a Joseph's pita.  It is also super yummy eat to on it's on with tomato slices.

My husband eats his on sandwich bread with extra mayo...gross.

Though this is pretty good if you ever come to my little map dot I'll take you to get the best chicken salad you have ever put in your mouth at the local bakery!

Tasty Tuesday will be up later today!  Hope you guys are having a great Tuesday!

xo-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!