Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Recipe Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you are all doing fabulous today and enjoying whatever it is you are doing - even if it is filing, meetings, or conference calls.

I decided (with the help of my bestie) that it was high time I posted a recipe on the blog.  Today is the day!

Most of you know I am now a firm follower of Trim Healthy Mama.  What can I say - good food and a better body win me over time after time.  Since I gave up sugar I have been complimented to the hilt over how I look now.  There is nothing sweeter than flattery, right girls?  I have been able to shed 8 pounds and have much better skin and hair than ever before.  (If you follow me on Snap Chat you're probably saying, ummm.  Look, I rarely get all dolled up for anything anymore, being honest!)



Last week I made a great THM inspired recipe and it needs to be shared for two reasons:
1.  Crock Pot Meal
2.  So Damn Good

This meal is an "S" meal and if you are THM then you know it is reduced sugar and carbs (really reduced, y'all!).  You're pulling energy from protein in this dish more than fat or carbs.

I had to tweak the recipe due to my lack of preparedness.  That is why I am calling this a THM inspired recipe.

In the cook book it is called Wipe Your Mouth BBQ Chicken.  Since my recipe changes up the flavor and also is nothing like what NC peeps (east or west) consider barbecue I am going to call it:  Wipe Your Mouth Crock Pot Chicken.

Here's how I made mine:

2 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast - Go ahead and place in your crock pot

In a blender put all these good guys:
12oz can of tomato paste - no sugar
3 tablespoons of regular yellow mustard
3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
3 donks of Pyure (You can use any sugar sub if you are sugar free.  If you aren't sugar free use 2 teaspoons of sugar)
2 tablespoons of sugar free pancake syrup OR maple syrup
2 tablespoons Onion Powder
2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons Black Pepper
2 teaspoons Mineral Salt
1 tablespoon Chili Powder

Blend it all up really well and pour over your chicken.

Cook on low all day long.  Thirty minutes before dinner time shred the chicken with two forks and then let it soak in the liquid as you check your phone, email, change up the washer and dryer, etc.

I ate mine on a Joseph's Pita.

So delicious!!!


My goodness this stuff is so good.  It had a taste that was reminiscent of sloppy joe's per my children.  This is totally on my rotation of meals for the summer!

Be on the look out for my second post this evening - meals for the dads in your life!



xo -
Amanda


I shared this recipe on this lovely link up!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!