Friday, June 3, 2016

June + Friday = YAY!

Happy Friday!  How exciting is it that this is the first Friday of what I say is summer time - yes I know it is spring (technically) but to me summer hit last weekend.  

Speaking of last weekend - Memorial Day Weekend was a blast!  We were so lucky here in my neck of the woods of North Carolina that the Tropical Storm Bonnie stayed away from us.  Thoughts go out to all those in South Carolina and Georgia who had a rough holiday weekend.

Some of my favorite things from the weekend include:

Pool Time -


Yes the water is cloudy in this picture but after the clarifier hit it was super clear and nice!  Saturday was balmy and pure perfection for the pool to be christened.  The kids had a blast as did the adults.  

Date Night -



I cannot express how fabulous it is to have the best babysitter ever in our lives.  Once a month we get to sneak out of the house and leave our kids to the great care of Taylor.  She is just phenomenal.  Over the past few years we started making Memorial Day Weekend Date Night a ritual.  Our favorite spot is a fun little place on Lake Norman called The Blue Parrot.  It is so laid back and super fun.  Oh and this sugar free girl did let her guard down and have a lot of Rum Runners over the course of the weekend.  I'm human and when it is warranted (think - holidays, vacation) I'll slide and let myself have something with some carbs and sugar in it.  You don't even want to know what I ate that night.  OK I'll spill the beans - fried shrimp he size of my head.





Chicken Coop -

My husband spent about 15 hours constructing our chicken coop over the entire weekend.  I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to finally have birds again!  For a girl who grew up hating birds it is baffling how much I adore them now.  Maybe that is a sign I am getting old?  Nah just seasoned!


We are actually still working on some of the aesthetics of it so stay tuned for a post to come soon highlighting this whole chicken coop construction shenanigan.

Amanda's Rum Runner -

ONE KIND WORD CAN CHANGE SOMEONE'S WHOLE DAY = "RUM":

My favorite drink of all time is the Rum Runner.  However, most days I find myself missing orange juice, or pineapple juice, or blackberry liqour.

That means I make my own.

1 tall shot of dark rum
1 tall shot of light rum
1 tall shot of banana rum
4 oz of orange juice
4 oz of Simply Raspberry Lemonade

Pour over ice, shake, drink like you are hanging out with Captain Jack Sparrow.

And that is Memorial Day Weekend in a nutshell.

School is out in four more days.  I'm really ready for it to be out and then again not.  Is it safe for me to admit I'm already being the slacker parent who is letting her kid sleep way past the alarm clock and no paying too much attention to bed time?  Eeeek, yeah I am that mom.  

I'm totally loving that my daughter is going to her favorite summer camp the first two weeks school is out of session!  She's stoked too!

What I'll be kind of sad about is the fact my time with the hubby will be diminished.  With school being out and his hours changing we'll miss out on a lot of the us time we were getting used to.  On Wednesday we had a mini date morning at a local park (Tanglewood, great place just a few miles away.)




This weekend I'm looking forward to my bestie coming down with her cutie pie boys.  We're going to have a fun pool day while the kiddos play and we gab.  

Maybe, just maybe I'll get a garden planted.  I have high hopes for some tomatoes, spaghetti squash, and peppers to be growing in my back yard.

Here's hoping you guys have had a terrific week and a safe, healthy, and fun weekend awaits you!

Tomorrow I'll have my blog recap up!

xoxoxox



Linked up with the beautiful Katie over at Cup of Tea Blog
Linked up with Mrs. Marcellino over at Carolina Charm Blog







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!