Monday, June 20, 2016

The 1st Day of Summer 2016

Good morning (or afternoon or evening)!  I'm so excited that today is Monday - eeek wait! I worded that incorrectly, maybe?  I want to say I am so excited that today, being Monday, is the first day of summer!  Yes, my season has officially begun and that means we all need to celebrate.

I plan to bring in summer with a few outdoor projects, lunch by the pool, swimming, a slushy for the kids, VBS (yep, another!), Southern Charm, Real Housewives of OC (woo hoo they are back!), and a sipper on the porch.

Now to the meat and potatoes of today's post:



And the search was:  Summer Solstice because First Day of Summer just pulls up school crap and we are so removed from school crap right now that I don't want any in my vision.  Please and thank you!

This was an interesting grouping of pins...


1.  Witching hour

Summer Solstice:  #Litha.:

Well I'm not a Wicca follower but I can be a witch at times.  This all popped up and I was like oohh how cool I should put some lavender, and lemon in my cleaning supplies for this week.  Then I was like - wait a minute is this Glenda the Good Witch or Linda the Bitch Witch?  Anyhoo, if you're interested in all that paganism/Wicca/etc stuff then you'll find TONS of pins when you punch in summer solstice.  I love Jesus, y'all just need to know that.

2.  Cake by the ocean - not in that way the song means...

Rosemary, lavender and honey blend together to make this irresistible cake.

So here's the deal - I noticed, after reading the pagan stuff, that all of us take some pagan traditions and apply them to our celebrations of summer.  This gorgeous cake is just an example.  Yes, it popped up for summer solstice and does that cake look great or what?  Rosemary, lavender and honey cake....

3.  Nothing says summer like July 4th?

Hot dogs! Get your hot dogs here! For the very best classic 4th of July foods, visit eBay for nine awesome ways make them. It'll have you feeling like it’s a festival in your own yard.:

I think we're about two weeks from Independence Day but Pinterest and I guess eBay think you need to start planning right this minute for your July 4th fun.  This pin is actually a food item pin for the 4th of July.  I kind of like that inflatable buffet...

4 - I agree!

Be positive

5 - Have a drink on me

Summer Solstice Collins - Vodka, Lemon, Blood Orange Liqueur and Thyme. A great cocktail to celebrate the beginning of summer!  <a href="http://Creative-Culinary.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Creative-Culinary...</a>

This is a Summer Solstice Collins and it looks pretty fabulous with lots of lemon and vodka.

SO I have to know - how are you welcoming in summer?


xo -
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!