Wednesday, June 29, 2016

What's Up Wednesday! June Edition



This week we're eating...
Tacos!!!  It has been about two weeks since I last made them so I believe it is time to whip up a batch.  My daughter's favorite food is tacos and or enchiladas so I'm thinking next week I'll make those too.  Also, this week we'll be having some super yummy THM drummies.  I love the lemon ones that we had last week but this week I'll probably make a more Tex Mex crock pot recipe of them!  Be sure to check out my Tuesday Recipe posts for low/no carb and low/no sugar recipes! Here's a classic recipe for you to keep around in your fridge and here's one that is a true favorite around our home!  

Chicken Avocado Burger! Chunks of fresh avocado mixed with ground chicken or turkey. Perfectly Paleo and Whole30!:

I found this recipe that I am going to try and whip up next week!  Pin it here!

What I'm reminiscing about...
She had just became a big sister and this was also her first dance recital!

Farm girl supreme.

Two years old - she was so much fun!

Our old house...no our house in the old set up!  We used to sit on the porch and make things, read books, just swing and watch passerbys.

Serious and silly all wrapped into one!

Just like her mama she LOVES the beach and water!

Sorry for the picture over load here!  OK maybe not sorry!  Last week my son found a recordable book (Christmas none the less) and opened it up.  As soon as he did I heard the voice of my daughter from when she was about four years old reading.  Her voice was so incredibly tiny and sweet.  Of course that got me thinking about when she was tiny and sweet - before she became almost nine and full of sass and attitude!  Don't get me wrong she's not a terrible kid but she is my first, a girl, and almost nine....yep she's a mixed bag right now!  It is true that you blink and they grow up so for all of you with tiny little girls - hold on tight and try to not blink so quickly!  

What we've been up to
Summer camp was two weeks long and it wrapped up last week.
We had two weeks of Vacation Bible School and that has also wrapped up.
So now we are taking advantage of our local libary's Summer Reading Program and all the events they are offering up!  We're also spending enormous amounts of time at the pool.

What I'm dreading

what's the best way to hang clothes at a yard sale? - Google Search:
Good Housekeeping gives good tips for yard sales!
I am having a small yard sale this weekend.  Honestly, I'm not putting too much effort into it.  A few tables and hopefully a rack or two for the clothing to go up on.  I'll make some signs this week...or put the kids on that job!  I dread it because..well I'm not sure!  I just do!  If you're in my area on Saturday between 7 and 2 then stop by our garage...we will clothing, shoes, housewares, kid's stuff, and mechanic stuff!  If you're having a large yard sale or garage sale this summer please do yourself a favor and go see my sweet friend Andrea's post on Garage Sale 101

What I'm working on
Does keeping my sanity count?  I'm hoping to get some crafting done but as for actually working on anything in June - I have not.

What I'm excited about


Three things, friends! 
The first is our upcoming beach weekend!!!  Woo hoo!  My mom invited us down for a long weekend.  I'm so excited and ready to go...I can smell the salt air and feel the sand and listen, can you hear the waves?!?!
The second is my Walmart Summer Beauty Box!  My sweet friend Emily got her's last week and it sounds like she got a fabulous box for summer travel!  I hope I get that lucky too.
The third is that I'm getting a surprise from my beautiful friend Andrea over at Living On Cloud Nine.  She sent me an email saying she found something that reminded her of me and it should be coming this week.  I just adore Andrea - she's so much fun to blog with and a fabulous uplifting lady. I look forward to connecting with her at least four days a week when we are reading one another's posts!

What I'm watching/reading

Unless you're one of the Real Housewives, I'm not interested in your drama.:

RHOC - Episode one did not lure me in very well.  It also inspired a blog post last week about Real Life.  It was one of my top read posts ever!
Odd Mom Out - My favorite comedy!  I'm so glad this show is back!  This year they add Drew Barrymore, Blythe Danner, and more to the cast!
RHONY - Dorinda that's all I can say.  I'm so confused on her - she's so up and down.
RHONJ - It's baaaaaaack!  (As I try to say that in a Jersey accent! Eeek!)
OITNB - I watched the first episode of this season last week.  Piper is so gangsta - with an a on the end.  HA!  Crazy eyes seems to have a changed a bit, anyone else notice that?  The "gardening" organically scenes had me so grossed out!  And you?
Bloodline - I swear getting through this is like pulling teeth.  I fall asleep watching it and I feel so bored with it but I keep trying to finish the season.

All We Ever Wanted Was Everything:

Reading this...it hasn't pulled me in yet.  I'm to the part where the mom is taking crystal meth.  Yeah, I'm not kidding.  You would think it would get interesting by that part but I'm so removed from it I'm like hmmm....

What I'm listening to
After two weeks of nothing but KidsBop....
Is it bad to say I'm not really listening to anything?  Everything sounds the same!  I try to put on oldies at the pool.  I'm just not feeling any music right now.  

What I'm wearing
I am going to slightly modify this to what I wish I were wearing right now....
It's Friday and it's Fabulous in Blue and White... — Providence Design:
Ahhh to wear white and not have kids wiping their faces on me.  I love this dress...thinking date night or night out with friends.  Or a day out with my daughter...Love this dress.  Did I say that already?
Stylish Spaghetti Strap Stripe Print Lace-Up Women's Dress Summer Dresses | RoseGal.com:
Look at how sweet this is!  Easy look and you can dress it up or down.  I need this but I would also need to buy Oxy Clean Stain Lifter in bulk too.  Last week I dropped mustard and ketchup all over me...geesh.
Boho Summer Sandals ~Pinterest~ casssiiieee000:
I love these sandals!  
What I'm Doing This Weekend
Yard sale as mentioned above.  I know it is July 4th weekend but at this point we have no plans.  Normally, we swim at my mom's pool and go to my dad's river place.  Who knows what this year wil bring - yep not much on planning ahead!  Maybe we'll actually find some fireworks this year...my son would love that!  I know I will be finding some rum.

What I'm looking forward to in July
Cherry Grove Beach South Carolina USA by hrusdi:

I think that sums it up!
I also hope to get my roots covered...geesh!

xo -
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!