Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Father's Day Prep: They love food.

This week is themed around Father's Day being that this sweet little celebration is coming up on Sunday!  I wanted to write up a Tasty Tuesday post just for the holiday because I have found that men are way easier to please with food than women.

Look at us - we're always on a diet.  We have food we adore and food we despise.  We get bored with food.

Men?  No, they are happy to eat and fortunately they are happy to eat like me right now - or is it me like them?

When I think of the men in my life I immediately am reminded I have meat and potatoes guys all around.  With that little morsel of awareness I have created a couple of dinners that should be quite pleasing to the men in our lives on their special day.
 
Dinner idea number one comes from Publix!  I love it when grocery stores offer up great recipes.  This is a salmon dish. If the men in your life are not fish fans then keep reading.  I'm covering all my bases.



Sweet & Sour Salmon with Black Bean & Pasta Salad this meal looks really delicious and considering my own husband loves salmon and pasta salad I think he would enjoy this dish.  If you're no carb low carb skip the black beans and pasta salad and have a nice salad with fresh blueberries and strawberries in it!

Dinner number two idea comes from Spicy Southern Kitchen and it is a steak recipe!  I can honestly say every man in my family loves steak and the ladies do too!  This recipe looks to be a total win and a new take on the regular throw it on the grill with some herb butter.

Honey Bourbon Steak Tips

Honey Bourbon Steak Tips I love playing with flavor and I think the sweetness mixed with he agility of the bourbon will make a fabulous party for your taste buds!

Dinner idea number three is simple, easy, and chicken.  I grew up in a house where my dad complained about the amount of chicken we ate.  Now I see that if I don't watch myself every dish I make is chicken too!

Southwest chicken foil packet recipe

Southwest Chicken Foil Packets mean full flavor and just simple.  This recipe comes from Every Day Dishes and this is totally a meal I would put on our dinner rotation because its not only a pleasing dish to dad but to the whole family!  It is also economical.  If Father's Day is finding you financially not too well off then this is your recipe!

Next up is for the dad who loves the other white meat - pork.  Pork is an economical meat purchase and can be made delicious with a lot of marinating (from my experience).

Grilled Pork Chops-Creole Contessa

Creole Contessa's Grilled Pork Chops look like nothing I have ever seen before but are dying to jump in my mouth.  Just look at those!  Her serving style with the mac and cheese and baked beans make me think immediately of my own husband.

And last - for the dads who are not carnivores or omnivores.  Well you are foreign to me but I love you anyway, ok?  I found this incredible website called This Rawesome Vegan Life and this recipe for portobello "burgers" jumped out at me.



Portabello Mushroom Cashew Cheese Burgers In the post the author says if you think it looks weird then you should taste it...yes I cannot stare at my cowless burger but I can devour it.  I suggest you serve this up with sweet potato fries or just baked sweet potatoes!

Now that the main fare is out of the way we can focus on dessert....

I thought this out thoroughly and with my own spouse in mind.  My husband is the provider for our family and he works more than anyone I know.  Some weeks are six or seven ten to twelve hour days.  Most weeks we don't see each other for more than a few minutes each day and the kids...well they really do not see him when school is in session.  This is a big issue for not only us as a family but really for him - he loves our kids and misses them immensely.

To say all he does is appreciated is the greatest understatement of all.  We appreciate him more than we can ever form into words.

So for dessert....

Painkiller Cocktail- rum, coconut, pineapple and orange to take your pain away! | Go Go Go Gourmet @gogogogourmet

Go Go Go Gourmet's Pain Killer - no worries I would whip up a batch of peanut butter cookies (my husband's favorite) for the kids.  Rum is the key to relaxation - don't take that the wrong way - but the Carribbean in your cup is always a way to take the edge of the every day off!

I hope you eat well this Father's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!