Monday, June 6, 2016

Tales from the pasture



A couple weeks ago my sweet girl had her last riding lesson.  As you may remember the trainer she was working with announced at the end of April she would be relocating but not sure where to.

I want to be obnoxious for a moment and just brag on my kid and on her teacher.



We started this endeavor in fear.  My sweet C had rode her new horse and then experienced the fall.  Falling off Molly was detrimental to her confidence and trust.  With tears she begged me to find her a teacher who could get her riding.

And I did.

Her first lesson was memorable.  She was scared but putting on a brave face.  She lost it when it came time to mount.

After a good twenty minutes of crying, fear, and worry her amazing teacher had her smiling and riding in the saddle.

Who does that?


For two months I watched my child learn to groom, saddle, mount, dismount, walk, trot, and speed her trot up.  I saw her go from a scared little girl wanting her teacher right by her side to a girl begging to trot and telling me she was going to canter by her last lesson.





I was gifted the amazing blessing of watching my own child from the sidelines.  I gave up my worry and fear and put her in the hands of someone else so she could do what she longed to do.  In turn I guess I really gave her a sense of self.  I watched her learn that she can conquer whatever she may be afraid of or unsure of.


My heart is full of gratitude to her fabulous instructor.  Linnea really has a gift of working with these kids and these horses.  I only know her in the teaching ring but she is graced with a level of patience that I admire.


For the summer we'll be away from the training ring.  Our focus is on the water and swimming.  There will still be some posts here and there from the pasture since we do have Prissy Buns and this theme fits into a lot of our rural lifestyle.

Thanks for reading and sending the love our way during this season.  I have enjoyed sharing the moments of pride and worry with you all.

Happy Summer endeavors!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!