Saturday, May 28, 2016

Summer Bucket List 2K16

Well I may be a little late to this party but...

Isn't that normal?

Here is our 2016 Bucket List for summer.  I'm so happy that we are officially in the hot season a.k.a beach season a.k.a. pool season a.k.a. river season a.k.a. shorts and tank top season.  I could really go on but I will stop there.

The list -



I realize now that I left a lot of empty space.  Justifying that by saying I need room to put my feet in the sand and that looks like enough room!

Maybe I should add some detail to this list -

2 Beach Vacations - My little family is made up of ocean hungry monsters.  We adore the beach and when we go we are on the beach from sun up to sun down.  OK no that is a lie.  We are there from the time we get up until the sun starts dropping significantly in the sky.  This summer we plan to make the trip to the coast two times.

Pool Time Every Day - The item that makes the list every.single.year.  Also, the item we tend to keep the promise of.

See Finding Dory & Pets - I am not a huge Disney lover.  My favorite Disney movies are The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, and the 2015 Cinderella remake.  I am the mom who cannot sit through a Disney movie more than once unless it is any of the ones I just listed.  Since Nemo made the list you better believe that I'm going to see Dory.  Pets just looks hilarious.  The poodle gets me every time - if you have seen the preview then you know what I am talking about.  Luckily, these movies come out about a month from each other so I will not have to take out a loan to go to the cinema.

Baseball Game - Vague is a beautiful shade of ???  Once upon a time we enjoyed going to see our minor league team play.  Then we had baby number two and haven't been back since.  Never mind baby number two is three years old now.

Canoe/Kayak Sundays - I have a severe love for kayaking and canoeing.  Last year I got to do that one freaking time.  This year I'm hoping to beat the 2015 record and do it at least two times.  Seriously, I doubt it happens.  And yes I picked Sundays because that would be the day of our highest likelihood to have childcare.

Join TYDE & Swim Class - My oldest loves to swim and wants to join a swim team.  TYDE is the YMCA's swim team program and well it would be perfect for her and she's been in my ear about it for a year.  Swim class is for my youngest who took his first week of swim class a couple weeks ago and adored it so much he keeps asking to go back to swim class.

Camping Trip - Normally this blog would be soaked in camping posts in May and June.  You may have noticed that not one post has said a word about camping.  Well, we're over he pop up 110% and we do no have another camper so we've just said forget it.  Then you realize it is nearly June and you miss camping.  I'm not saying we'll pull out our rickety old pop up but I am saying we want to camp so maybe, just maybe, we will.

Discovery Place Kids Trip - I try to be a good mom and take my kids to local educational hot spots.  This one I have failed to take them to.  No longer...

Pool parties with friends - My darling daughter the tween wants to have her friends over to swim and giggle and eat bad food and repeat.  It made the list.  Perhaps I should add do not become a win-o to the list?  Just kidding!

Craft more - This is for the whole family and no I'm not talking about scrapbooking nights.  I have a list of projects I want to complete and never seem to make time for them.  My husband has ideas for things he wants to create and he never gets around to them.  My kids love to make stuff.  This summer, it happens.

Find Lake James -  My funny entry.  I will explain it one day.

Visit some local wineries - No explanation needed.  Support NC wine!  I do unless it is a muscadine or scuppernong wine - yuck!

Visit an aquarium - I have been super lucky to visit all the NC aquariums.  My kids have yet to go to one and that needs to be changed this summer.

Fishing - Honestly, I have two goals here:  1.  Take my kids fishing as much as possible.  2.  Have a fishing date night with my hubby.

Yard Sale Like Cray Cray - Huh?  Yeah.  I really love yard sales.  Look, I'm nosey and I like to see what people have stashed in their closets!  I also love a good deal.  My daughter enjoys it too but she seems to justify purchasing everything in site.  For example:  The last time she and I went to a yard sale she told me I needed to buy the washer and dryer that was for sale so we could have another set and my laundry time would be cut in half.  Oh my goodness, what?

Well that's my list.  It isn't full of exotic things but it makes us happy!

What are you doing this summer?









No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!