Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tasty Tuesday

Summer brings challenges to the dinner table.

The biggest one?

Not being hungry.  We will call that first world problems.

As of late I have not wanted meals per say but rather to graze...like a cow.

I have a few confessions to make relating to food and drink and there is no better time than right now to let them off my chest.

Image result for popsicle

1.  My kids are living off popsicles.  It is true.  And yes, popsicles are nothing but sugar that is frozen.  My son wants them for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack, snack, and dinner.

That's how I feel homey.


2.  Hot weather means I want a bad treat - a very bad treat.  I have been allowing myself one Coke daily.  This is so against my grain but my God it is so good to sip that Coke at 4:30PM each day.  I swear the first sip is probably the equivolent to the gates of heaven opening up and choirs of angels singing my favorite classic Reba songs.



3.  Last week I made a pan of unhealthy brownies and topped them with cheap, delicious vanilla ice cream.



4.  Beer tastes so much better when the temperature is over 85.  Of course I drink Mich Ultra and limit myself tastefully.  I also make these stupid math equations saying - Since I'm not hungry I'm drinking my nutrition one low carb can at a time.  I swear I'm not an alcoholic.

5.  Thank goodness for fresh produce.  It is my life saver.  Watermelon is my homeboy as is pineapple and soon peaches.  Sugary - yes but natural and not those damned brownies I topped with ice cream.

I crave keeping my lifestyle changes of no sugar/low sugar and no carb/low carb in check.  I struggle with it daily this time of year and see that swimming and my nice long is-she-jogging-or-walking evening walks are beneficial.

But it is summer and in the summer we live a little.

xo-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!