Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Then It Was June!

I love this month of the year so much!  Please keep your "Christmas is six months away" comments to yourselves.  I'm all about shorts, tanks, swimming, and sunshine for the next three glorious months.

What does June mean to me?  Well....

Getter done! Ready to make some BIG goals!:


Bible schools fire up!
My kids are already registered for two.

School ends for my big kid 
Eeek only 6.5 more days to go.

Hello summer camp 
My daughter LOVES camp!

Swimming, swimming, swimming 
And you say: duh, duh, duh!

The kitchen closes and the grill opens 
Do you like to grill?  I'm feeling burgers right now!

Lazy mornings return 
Ahhhh I love lazy mornings but seriously with camp there are no lazy mornings!

I will not turn on the a/c, I will not turn on the a/c, I will not turn on he a/c
Not until we hit 90.

Reading in the sunshine and falling asleep 
Best.ever.

The smell of sunscreen
Hawaiian Tropic is my favorite!  What about you?

Father's Day 
We always have a fun day celebrating dad.  I'm working on planning out something fun to do now.


What does June conjure up for you?


And now...



Eat seasonally with this guide to June fruits and vegetables. Find recipes and preparation tips at cookieandkate.com:
Always good to know! Are you going to hit up a local farmer's market?

This quote courtesy of @Pinstamatic (http://pinstamatic.com):
This was part of Johnny Cash's highly publicized love letter to June Carter Cash. Not sure if this pulled because of her name or because of this being the wedding month.

Life of Lovely: June Journal Prompts + Printable:
Do you keep a journal? Here are some prompts for the month. They could be great blog fillers for when writer's block hits too!
Our lovely new Shepherds Hut available to rent with The Old Granary, Matlock.  Soon to be featured in the Period Living magazine June copy!:
Slightly adorable here! This is a little shepherd's hut and these folks are renting it out. Very cute.
Happy Birthday, Marilyn Monroe! (June 1st 1926 - ∞)  “I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.”:
She would have been 90 today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!