Thursday, June 2, 2016

Just Riding Around - My Town!

In case you haven't noticed I enjoy doing "series" style posts.  For summer I have decided to showcase my growing town - well maybe I should say towns!  I live outside of Winston-Salem, North Carolina and really adore being very close to the Twin City.  However, I am beginning to enjoy my little map dot a bit more now that I'm finding so many new gems that are calling Davie County home.

Each week I will be showcasing (on my own, I don't get paid to do this) a place that my husband and I have visited and fell in love with.  The catch?  They are within a fifteen mile radius of where we live.  Here's a secret:  I will probably venture out and share some other places from outside this little place later in the summer.  But shhhh you don't know that yet!

Today I want to share a favorite antique spot in the northern part of Davie County.  I may be partial because of the location and history of the building they are in but you must know this isn't a relative's business!

Snoring Horses Vintage & Antique



I would have never imagined I'd find this little piece of awesome sauce had they not moved into my great grandfather's general store!  This awesome storage facility opens up a few weekends a month for those of us who love antiques and vintage style furniture, jewelry, decor, kitchenware, toys, and more.

Snoring Horses is ran by The Tift Family and they have been in this business for many, many years! A few months back they relocated their business back to Mocksville, NC. They are a very welcoming family and so much fun to chat with.



The first time I visited I began my wish list.

The second time my husband purchased me two pieces of furniture and a vintage scale.

I love this piece so much!  It was the perfect fit for our empty corner in our living room.  

This "chippy" table made it's home our family room.  


Now I am planning out my next project with items available (hopefully still!) in their warehouse!

Antiques and eccentric pieces can have high price tags but rest assured Snoring Horses is extremely affordable!  Personally, I stay away from antique stores because the prices can blow your mind but at Snoring Horses you'll be mind blown at how affordable their selection is.  Oh and they also have a store across the street in my grandparent's first house!  How sweet is that?!



Check them out on Facebook!  Like their page and tell them Amanda at A Brownie World sent you over!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!