Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Tasty Tuesday: Eating This Load of Delicious Crap

Happy Tasty Tuesday! 

Today I'm giving you a sneak peek of some of the things I can seriously live off of.  These are foods from my kitchen that I buy at the store every week.  Welcome to my immensely reduced sugar living.

I feel like we are moving our relationship to a new level.  I mean I'm showing you what is in my fridge and cabinets!


Let's start with the Kraft Olive Oil Vinagrette Dressing, shall we?  This stuff is the bomb dot com.  Yes, I could just mix up my own (and I have) but this is too easy and so good. There is a whole line of these olive oil based dressings that you can try.  This one is my favorite so far, I'm boring.

Pineapple, anyone?  Yes this is a sugary treat but it is natural sugar and a girl like me has a sweet tooth no matter what.  If I can get a few chunks before my kids eat it all I'm doing well!

Did she put Redi Whip on her list?  Oh yes she did.  I love this stuff.  I put a little on some fruit and sometimes I just open the fridge, open my mouth, and fill it up with the crap and smile.  Don't hate me for being honest.

Eggs!  If you're one of my SnapChat (abullnojoke) friends you know that I can easily down 24 eggs in a week.  Yes, I love eggs.  Scrambled, poached, over easy, boiled, bring them on.

Put a little South in your mouth!  I eat pork skins.  Yes, I do!  I don't do chips (unless its a celebratory day and then I'll want some salt and vinegar) but I do do the pork skins.  They aren't dripping with real goodness but they fulfill that chip urge when it comes!  Little to no sugar and very low carbs (yes it really is fried pork skin.  Don't worry, my daughter is repulsed by it too.)

Lemons are my friend.  I love all things lemon including lemon sliced up and in my water (like ten bazillion other people.)  I also do a lot of cooking with lemon juice.

Tomatoes - I could literally live off them.  I eat them at breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack.  Only two people in my household love them - my son and I.  My husband cannot stand the thought of eating a tomato and my daughter is not caring for them anymore.  Hey, that's fine!  More for me!  

Avocado because it is fabulous.  Avocado and tomato basically go hand in hand in my eyes.  Most mornings I have an egg, avocado, and tomato.  It makes me so happy.  I love to slice them up for salads and also throw them on a wrap.  Yes I said wrap, keep reading!

Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Pita....haven't tried them?  Then you're missing out!  These guys have 4 grams of carbs (after you subtract out the dietary fiber) and they taste great.  I only have one a day and is generally at lunch.  If you're looking for them and you're in my area go to Harris Teeter!

Back up do I need to explain the carb and dietary fiber mathematical equation?  OK I can do that very quickly!  When you are counting carbs you need to always look at the number of dietary fiber grams.  The reason is dietary fiber cancels out carbohydrates.  Why?  Well to put it in laymon's terms it is because dietary fiber takes longer to digest and that makes food healthier for your body.  You won't find loads of dietary fiber in foods that are bad for you.  Let's put this into action now.

If you have a food that has 10 grams of carbs and 6 grams of dietary fiber then you say:
10 - 6 = 4

So really this food has a carb count of four instead of six.

Yep, that's how it works.  Who knew math could be so in your favor?

Moving right along...

Turkey Sausage because I love meat.  I could have been a vegetarian but someone gave me meat and I was like - yep I'm sold.  Turkey sausage and turkey bacon make me smile.  I don't eat it every day but some mornings I want some sausage darn it!

Boca Burgers are a food I have enjoyed since high school.  These things are so good they are completely meat free and are a great addition to my Joseph's Pita - add in a little tomato, green leaf lettuce, and mayo or mustard and I'm a face stuffing pig.

So there's a little sneak peek into what I eat every week.  These are my breakfast and lunch picks.  For dinner I am pulling recipes from my Trim Healthy Mama cook book.  I love that one so much!  I want to share some with you and hope to very soon.  I promised my bestie to put up recipes again soon.  That means I better get on it!

Maybe next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!