Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday!


Ummm so the second week of summer vacation just zoomed out the window and I'm like - huh?  Anyone else?  Oh well yay for Friday and yay for linking up with Katie & Christina.

We had a great week (the first one of true summer) around here and I hope a fun weekend lies ahead for all of us!  Here are some things I wanted to share with you.

Father's Day weekend was great but it didn't start out too phenomenal.  On Saturday my husband loaded us all up to go visit his dad.  We did - but his dad was no where to be found.  Then we decided to get lunch at Subway and the line was extremely long and very slow so we went to the other Subway in town.  Just as we were eating our lunches our son spilled his chocolate milk all over dear old dad.  We ended up coming home and changing into our swim suits and going to the pool for the rest of the day!

Our view for three hours...peaceful and no fighting kids!




The actual holiday was spent on the river!  My mom kept both kids since she would be leaving for a week at the beach.  My husband and I enjoyed a three hour kayak trip.  I would say we were the only ones on the river but there were two canoes ahead of us.  We really love paddling but having that time together was the best.

When we got home from our excursion we attended a cookout at my mom's and went to see my grandma.  Her Alzheimer's battle has progressed to the point of large amounts of sleeping and she is not very verbal anymore.  It is heartbreaking.

She's cute, yes, but she knows exactly how to push my buttons!!!  I guess she's just like me?  Oh no....


Monday marked the last week of camp for my diva.  The idea of her dramatic self being home with us the rest of the summer is daunting!  Why is it our kids are great for other's but show those true colors when they are with mom and dad?  I'm busy trying to get a lot of fun things together for us to do and creating incentives for good behavior and helping out around the home.  This is also going to be combined into a blog post for next week!  I know some of you think bad of me for admitting my daughter can be a handful but you know what?  This is real life.

This was before I let her out of the crate to go potty and then let her stay out to keep me company.  Yes, I'm in love!  My new buddy.

My princess who thought I was insane for taking her on a 2.5 mile walk on Monday night.  She's a tad bit lazy.


I had two cleaning clients to visit and tidy up their homes for this week!  I fell in love with the sweet Yorkie of one.  She was so much fun to have around as I scrubbed.  I think together we may be able to solve many of the world's issues!  I'm also just about 100% my next dog will be a Yorkie.  Of course that is *hopefully* years away.  My Chippy is my princess.

He is hard to see but that little black spot all the hands are going towards is a puppy.


Speaking of doggies - my dad's young Rottweiler died unexpectedly this week.  The cause was undetermined.  This was heartbreaking as I had just been loving on Harley over this past weekend and he was a sweet dog for my kids to play with.  Leave it to my dad to waste no time in replacing Harley.  The night after Harley passed away he was on the road to Asheboro, NC to get another Rotty Puppy.  Tank visited us on Wednesday night and he is a sweetie pie.  I was a bit alarmed at how fast he replaced Harley but then again I can understand.  Filling voids, maybe?



The kiddos made some adorable crafts at VBS this week.  Yes, another week of VBS!  We love it around here!  They also had so much fun playing while learning scripture.  The church they attended this week has a special place in our hearts as they rushed in to help us when our house issue happened a couple years ago.  There are so many good people and sweet souls there, we are still appreciative to this day.

She believed she could, so she did I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief  (Mark 9:24):
I think this fits!  

And the last bit of randomness from this week....I'm down ten pounds.  I had set a goal to be back to my pre-marriage weight in 2016 and it looks like I am well on my way!  I weighed in on Thursday - I use a client's scale every two weeks because I know it is correctly set - and I was shocked to see the number!  If they video me cleaning their home then they'll get a kick out of the scream and dance I did as I sang into the toilet brush.  Yeah, I'm not kidding.  Also, I just knew I had gained you probably thought so too if you read my Tasty Tuesday post.  I have to thank THM for helping me eat better and of course my own issue with constantly being in motion!  Here's a great recipe for you to try if you're looking for a low carb way to eat this summer.

Come on over and be my friend on Instagram (abrownieworld), SnapChat (abullnojoke), and Facebook (facebook.com/abrownieworld).

Have a great weekend!

xo -
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. That river looks so nice and peaceful!! And how cute are those crafts from VBS, I always loved making awesome stuff every summer at VBS! I made some pretty awesome stuff, like a pillow case that I still have 20 years later lol Have a wonderful Saturday Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could live on the river, I do believe! That is so cool that you still have something you made when you were little! Happy weekend xoxox

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!