Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Last Day of School 2016

It has arrived!  The last day of second grade.  I do believe this has been the fastest school year so far in my daughter's short three year career of elementary school.

I decided to interview my oldest child and get her take on what made second grade wonderful.



Question -

Can you believe the school year is already over?
I can't.  It's just that the school year has gone by really fast.


What was your favorite part of second grade?

My teacher.  She read to us in funny voices.  I liked it.


Do you think you have changed this year in any way?

Yes, I mean I got glasses it is totally different.  And I got taller.


What was your favorite subject this year?

All of them.  


Did you make any new friends?

Yes.  I made like fifty-two new friends.  Mom says that is a stretch.


What will you miss about this year at school?

Mrs. Dyson


What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

Swimming, beach, everything!


Then I decided to answer these questions myself as her mama.


No, I cannot believe this school year is over.  I'm wondering if this is the speed the remaining ten years will be or if they will go even faster.  It makes me uneasy.  We are all told to hold tight because they grow so quickly but I feel like I'm trying to hold on at mach speed.



My favorite part of second grade was how relaxed it was.  Kindergarten had me worrying over a lot.  First grade was an time that I saw all the issues of public school as a parent and I was rattled.  This year has been so smooth and wonderful.


Yes, my daughter has changed so much.  Her first year of glasses (finally tying her own shoes, so delayed on that due to laziness brought on by making velcro shoes look cool, ugh!) and the first year I saw her blossoming into a young lady with a more diverse thought and learning process.  I love watching her grow and develop confidence and wit!  I'm a proud mama.

I would have to say that every subject is her favorite - no matter what she says!  She eats up math (gets it from her daddy) and she loves to write (gets it from her mama).  She's all about science (mom genetics) and loves the creativity from music and art.  It really is fun to see her passions develop and wonder about where she is going to go in her future.

This year I heard new names.  She had her first sleep over to attend and it went really well.  I look forward to a fun giggling and girly summer!

No matter what she says she will miss just being in school.  The girl loves school so much she asked me if she could stay instead of being signed out early on the last day.  This is how she is at the end of every school year!  Now that comes from neither mom or dad!  In Kindergarten she nearly cried when she realized she would be out of school for two months!

This summer I'm looking forward to just spending time with my sweet girl.  I want to soak in all the fun times and chats we have and yes...hold a little tighter.



Happy summer, friends, moms, teachers, and kiddos.

Check out the FB page for lots of summer fun stuff!  Don't forget to check ABW out on Insta (abrownieworld) and SnapChat (abullnojoke).


xo-

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!