Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday - A Fabulous & Busy Time!


Friday!  Woo hoo it is here and this Friday marks the start of summer break.  I'm looking forward to a fun and semi lazy summer.  We had a busy week and I pulled the most fun pieces together to form this post.

There I am being a busy mama.  I have been super busy all week but that's just fine!  As long as there is rum awaiting me at the end of the day! 





Pool Fun!  

This week was all about water and having our friends to swim.  It started last Saturday when my bestie came down with her two cutie pies.  Our kids swam close to six hours straight!  Her oldest son ended up learning how to swim that day so that makes my heart super happy!

Look at these sweet faces!  We all had a complete and total blast last weekend!  Those cute little boys are off to Atlanta this weekend to see the Braves and visit all the fun places ATL has to offer!  Prayers for a safe trip :)


All week we have been going to swim any chance we get.  With my oldest still being in school for the first half the week I took my little man out for some one on one water time.  I really hope to have him swimming without flotation devices this summer.  My daughter learned really quickly and I feel like this guy will too!


End of 2nd Grade Pool Party!

The sun would have killed the popcicles so they were moved into the shade!  This was our little welcome area.  Look at my posing girl - goober!

Let me get this off my chest - I ate brookies for two days.  They weren't sugar free and they sure fire weren't carb free.  Oh man while I'm admitting - Thursday was not a good day for me nutritionally.  I ate pizza too.  I also drank some regular beer.  I better whip myself back into shape fast!

Four finished up second graders!  All precious girls who I think we'll make a lot of memories with this summer!

I did not take all the pictures I had hoped.  I really wanted one of all the kids in front of the welcome to summer sign.  Of course I settled into a seat and gabbed with Lori the whole time so i was like - pictures what?


We love celebrating the end of the school year and the start of summer. This year our celebration included inviting four friends to come eat cupcakes and popciclces, and swim.  Check this post from Wednesday about my very limited planning of the party!  Luckily, one set of sisters has a younger brother who could come out and play with Little Man.

Awards Day!

FABULOUS Teacher!!!

So proud of this girl!  Her dad and I have a little present for her achievements.  I still haven't given it to her yet.

C&C have been friends for five years!  They met in preschool and they love hanging out with one another at school.  They have a similar sense of humor.  I hope they will always be great friends.  A funny note:  At the Awards Ceremony I sat with one of my friends I have had since I was about three years old's sister.  The two of them and I did almost everything together growing up because our moms were very tight knit friends.  Love these friendships that last decades and lifetimes.


My girl is hands clean of second grade now.  Yesterday I shared her thoughts and my thoughts on second grade in this post.  We were very proud of her this year for her hard work all through the school year and of course the culmination of a few awards!  She read 762 books through he school year and chances are we could add to it from all the stuff she reads here too.  She's a speed reader and it blows my mind how she can read four books in a day and be able to tell me every detail of them.  Seriously?!  

Horrid picture but the center is a six pack of Mountain Dew, the top is a package of Oreo Smores, he back is Three Muskateers, one side is SPF the other is OFF, and the front is a beach towel.  I love practical and useful!  She was really excited to get it - I think it was the Mountain Dew!


She had a fabulous teacher this year and I must say that we really enjoyed second grade and how relaxed it was compared to kindergarten and first grade.  To thank Mrs. D. I made her a lake survival kit of her favorite things - Mountain Dew and chocolate!  I also put in some SPF, a beach towel, and bug spray.  We do have those pesky skeeters here!

Giddy up, cowgirl?!

This was a total surprise.  I had no clue about this horse until 11 hours before she arrived from Angiers, NC.


And this happened on Thursday night...
C got another horse this makes number four and if I can tell you anything the fourth time is a charm!  Meet ID, she's an older mare who my daughter just jumped right on and they took off (well they strolled off).  ID is now keeping Prissy Buns company and awaiting her new little owner to saddle her up again and go for a nice walk through the field or around the barns.  I was most excited that her dad got to see her ride.  His work schedule did not allow him to see her at her lessons at the farm.  Luckily, last night he got a front seat show at seeing just how those lessons paid off! On Monday I posted about the end of our lesson sessions.  Last night I texted this photo to her trainer and she was really proud of her!


This weekend



Looks like I'm going to play the single mom role while my husband works all weekend.  I plan a lot of water time since the ninety degree weather is back to NC for the next few days.  
My goals are:
o Finish my book
o Swim a lot
o Do some laundry
o Catch up on Bloodline
o Go to the grocery store
o Go to church

What are you getting into this weekend, sweetness?  I hope your weekend is filled with fun!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!