Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pinterest 5 - All For Your Dad!


Father's Day is coming up this weekend and I'm broke.

Not even gonna lie, girl.

I'm broke.

If I didn't have bills to pay and gas to buy then I may have something all worked out but I don't and that hurts my feelings.

Please note: I did tell my hubby that he would be getting a gift in July instead of June for this day to celebrate his role as a dad.

Also, I do have a nice plan for Father's Day.  Since he has been working like crazy lately the kids and I are going to grill out on Saturday for him *if he's off work* and on Sunday they are going to hang out with Nana while the spouse and I go on a canoe trip.

So see...I may be broke but I'm thinking ahead and planning!

This was also the topic of my Pinterest 5 search this week...

Father's Day...when you're financially limited.










1 - Beer Coasters - Because your dad is still 22?  If you're dad is living alone then heck yeah.  From a female's perspective - no.  My only exception is if they are meant to be pulled out for football watching parties and cooking out.  Otherwise, no thanks Pinterest.  

DIY Beer Coasters (Father’s Day Gift Idea):

2 - Cute

I really like this probably because I have two younger kids and it fits my husband to a T.  If you're awaiting a paycheck you can probably pull this together for less than $5.  It is the thought that counts.


"We're Nuts About You" Father's Day Photo Frame Gift Idea - this might be the quickest and easiest Father's Day gift ever! - Happiness is Homemade:

3 - Sweet toothed dad

My dad loves sweets but he says he doesn't now so whatever.  My husband hates sweets but loves to grill like most dudes (total assumption but I have met a lot of men that love to grill in my life.)  I thought these cupcakes were a cute way to celebrate the dad who is also the king of the grill.

These Grill Cupcakes are a whimsical dessert to help you celebrate a summer barbecue party!:

4 - A card that made me smile.

I love all the shirts that have a little cooler on them and say - Don't hate me because I'm a little cooler.  I laugh every time.  Now this play on words has me smiling!  I know several men who are fixated on lawn mowers so this is just too cute and your kids could make it!

"Each Day I Love You a Little Mower" lawn-mower Valentine card:

5 - Pinterest is so smart.

When I type in Fathers Day Gifts no money I get this.  And yes it is neat how it is a key chain with all these cool screwdriver ends and a bottle opener but it is also $20+ and then you figure in shipping.  I do like this and all but we will hold on to it for a little while longer.

Keep 8 screwdrivers, 2 wrenches & a bottle opener on your keychain. Made in NY, this almost indestructible multi-tool weighs under an ounce.:

So what is your go-to when your pay check is a week away and the day for dad's is in thirty minutes?  And what is your sweet fella getting this year from you?  Share away sweeties!

Other Father's Day Posts up this week:


xo -
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!